Tom Humphries thread

Didnā€™t you follow a girl to Australia to sexually harass her, or was that someone else?

Iā€™m in agreement with almost all of that as my posts will show, bizarre the assumptions that @HBV can make, the issue of character references is dumb, in a case like that you stand in court on the crime you committed only.
I was just thinking out loud about how youā€™d react if it was somebody that you cared for, can they really be dead to you or will you allow them any credit for the years of friendship, family bonds etc, I just donā€™t know for sure,

That time for you to step away from the keyboard isnā€™t over yet, mate.

Did I hurt your feelings hon?

Ah schtop. Whats worse is the lads who allow themselves get drawn into the ā€œdebateā€.

Whats this now?

Ya but this was a lad these guys knew professionally.

I get the turmoil of a family member. I know a girl whoā€™s father was done for sexual abuse of his step kids. Obvioysly she struggled. But her brothers really struggled. The questiins were ā€œis that in me?ā€ ā€œIs this genetic?ā€
Funny enough they rejected him, completely disowned. However his own family, as in siblings, didnā€™t and have helped him alot since coming out of jail.

Maybe length of time knowing a person makes it harder. Deeper embeded memories. In case above father had fucked off quite early in the lives of many of these kids.

1 Like

@Mac can you dig up the post about the sources lover who followed the girl who spurned him

Whose personal responsibility?

What has the public sector got to do with ā€œpersonal responsibilityā€ for being the victim of a crime?

Hookā€™s comments were not misguided. They were the culmination of numerous despicable comments on a range of issues and the product of a deliberate policy of the station he works for to court controversy for the sake of it.

They were anti-personal responsibility as regards perpetrators of rape and anti-personal responsibility as regards himself.

And the reaction of his station has been totally in keeping with that lack of personal responsibility, given that the only person to lose their job at the station over the matter is a woman who protested about it.

Not to belittle any of the crimes here, but there was an interesting case went through the courts here recently where a man left the engine running in his high end car whilst he went to pay for petrol. His car was then stolen, and not recovered. The insurance company refused to pay. He took them to court and lost.
The high court clearly found that he had put his car in harms way.

its the modus operandi of these lefty headbangers and screaming glasagusban nutcases, adopt the position of ā€œits always someone elsesā€™s faultā€ and work from there

3 Likes

Iā€™m saying they should be mindful of their own safety just like people shouldnā€™t walk alone through dangerous areas at night.

1 Like

Contributory negligence

Thats essentially what Hook was calling out

Aaaaaaand the SidneyTrain is back on track. CHOO-CHOO!!!

I canā€™t really be bothered going into it. I think he was more suggesting that girls should be careful, as should anyone. His words were ill advised, but were seized upon and interpreted harshly by many.
Thatā€™s what I think. I think that whilst our daughters should be able to walk unmolested anywhere, it would be negligent to allow them to do so.
Were the mccann parents culpable? They committed no crime. Itā€™s not their fault someone stole their daughter. This is just one of a multitude of examples that anyone can use to back up, or refute a position on this.
It strikes me that Iā€™d be upset if my daughter went to a hotel room with a stranger, but Iā€™d want to strangle the fucker that raped her. Iā€™d in no way think she brought it upon herself, yet still, I will warn her when sheā€™s older about such things.
People are arguing certainty where there is none. @ChocolateMice had the best post on this.

5 Likes

Th type of person George Hook was trying to warn young ladies about would be the type to say the following about a young lady he exchanged glances with and decided to follow to Australia.

Iā€™ve already made a mental decision to follow her out there, even if itā€™s only for a few weeks, and ā€œaccidentallyā€ run into her.

It means Iā€™d happily eat her period, or at least continue to happily wear my Liverpool tracksuit with her period and/or her piss soaked into it.

1 Like

Well there you have it folks and later on in morality gymnastics well have Jimmy saville telling kids how to be safe while crossing the road

Close the thread @Bandage itā€™s all gone fucking nuts in here.

4 Likes

jesus christ what a clamping

the man who wrote those words campaigns for leniency for convicted paedophiles

can you believe that? i can.