Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

She’s lost a load of weight, looking right well these days alright.

1 Like

Fine stock.

What age is Sinead Ryan, I’d give her an aul dart.

Startling figure there tbf, 1/2 million Coffee Cups Used per day in Ireland.

Why hasn’t someone produced a Recyclable Coffee Cup yet? :thinking:

Apparently they have some kind of plastic film coating the cup to stop it scalding your hand. There is a fully biodegradable one now cant remember which chain, assume the cup costs more though which is real reason it hasnt happened

The margin is high enough on coffee for the retailers to absorb it.

I was in a supermarket recently and they had compostable “plastic” bags for the veg. They were very good. Probably a better quality than the normal bags.

Didn’t some coffee chain in the UK offer a reusable cup recently and there were almost no takers?

No idea. Some chains use compostable cups but apparently thats a much worse option than recycleable

Course it is. They wont give up any margin until they are forced though same as everything

Some artisan coffee houses in the capital give a discount if you use your own travel mug.

Some bog standard coffee houses in the depths of the North Wexford Riviera do the same thing.

3 Likes

What kind of a mug walks around with a mug all the time though?

1 Like

Hipsters carry them in their handbags no doubt.

One who drinks a lot of coffee

One who cares about the planet.

Coffee is very bad for you.

:sweat_smile:

Someone who pretend cares about the planet you mean. Do you think the savings of a few coffee cups offsets the travelling the coffee has to do to get here?

3 Likes

Yes, everything helps.

Reduce - the amount of coffee you drink
Reuse - the disposable coffee cup or use your own washable one
Recycle - the coffee ground at least

I know there is an issue with recycling disposable coffee cups but anybody who isn’t thinking on the above lines in this day and age needs to have their head examined.

1 Like

A man dressed as a woman on RTE 1 now.

That’s the way it has gone.

1 Like

Diarmuid Gavin is v freaked out