Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

Snap

1 Like

Kate Adie on the 1989 Tianenmen Square massacre on BBC4 now. Good so far.

Used to love that film.
Havent watched it in years
I may get emotional

It’s a great film.I haven’t seen it in years

Italia 90 on the history channel now

1 Like

swathes of empty seats for the semi final between England and Germany

Yeah i see that.The pohms must have ran out of cash and the Germans were waiting for the final.

Tonight - 9.30pm - Eir sport 1. The All-Ireland hurling final 1996 - Wexford v Limerick.

A timely reminder that the strangest of things can happen. Apart from a scuttery goal by Tom Dempsey and the jubilation of the Wexicans I can’t recall a whole lot more of it. Were there any controversial refereeing decisions or lack of proper application of the rules.
One to watch for later in any event.

3 Likes

No mate, it was a match completely without incident, nothing at all that the Limerick lads talk about 22 years later, there might have been something minor but i can’t put my finger on it

Must watch that:
Quaid kept Limerick somewhat competitive, with 2 cracking saves.
Other than as all Wexford followers know was fairly routine once we settled down after giving Limerick a 4 pt lead

Eamonn Scallion was put off.

1 Like

Liam Dunne may or may not have cleaved Gary Kirby.

Limerick midfielder was trying to throw his weight around before throw in and George O Connor flattened him.

We had a goal disallowed for a square ball.

There was fuck all wrong with that Liam Dunne pull

1 Like

Have never watched the 94 or 96 finals back bar the couple of snippets down through the years.
Won’t start now.

1 Like

Ditto it’s still too raw😭

1 Like

You could safely assume none of the thirty players on view were ever on a ddevelopment squad.

Rod Guiney was absolutely wired during this game. :laughing:

He’s permanently wired sure