Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

His travel shows were always good in fairness.

5 Likes

Hector is a gent

1 Like

Fight Club on Dave at the moment. I’d forgotten how good and disturbing it is

BBC1 now
Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70

Camilla comes across as an awful nice woman

Charles is driving a car here on his own! I can’t believe it!

1 Like

Jesus Charles is great craic, a great man of the people

A good stick hurler too, he looked a natural when the GGA were fawning all over him in Kilkenny.

Hurling is a piece of piss when you’re used to playing hockey while riding a horse

Hectors travel programmes are very good. He is very disarming and he can relate to Amazonian tribes, Nepalese mountain sherpas and Siberian gymnasts alike alternating between Irish and English. There is great culture in it.

He’s a fucking simpleton.

3 Likes

Well he’s definitely not that anyway.

The first ever episode of Ballykissangel is currently being shown over on Virgin Media 2. It’s ridiculously twee but funny at the same time

They shall not grow old from Peter Jackson on BBC2 at 9.30pm tonight.

1 Like

Anybody see Simon Reeve’s?? Ireland on BBC4 the other night, part 1.
He managed to fit in Knockfierna, Eddie Lenihan and a ‘character’ organic dairy farmer into the first half hour along with a bit of Wexford,

It’s a repeat I think. In another episode he goes to a spud peeling contest in Kerry somewhere.

You must have had an awful gra for home watching that?

I watched it with my English friends. They were in awe of the community spirit that was on show at the spud peeling contest. They wondered what could they do to recreate it so decided to drink 6 pints of Carling and hammer the shit out of each other down the local working men’s club.

10 Likes

Usual Suspects on RTÉ later

3 Likes

:grin: