Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

But that is an easy cop out for him. It wasn’t really me that did it.

The truth is that Bundy killed nearly 100 women and took great care not to get caught by meticulously covering his tracks and changing States. He was acting fully rationally in those instances.

Would you say that there’s anything in it when you’d often get killers that stated there was an “unknown force” or something similar inside them guiding them or taking over from them to kill? I’ve read about other killers saying they blacked out and couldn’t remember the killing, and this is when they’re already locked up for life. Could be bullshit of course but there’s an undeniable trend of this kind of thing being said, and not used as an insanity type defence, as they are already behind bars.

Ian Rush used to say the same thing about scoring goals.

2 Likes

I suppose at the end of the day we are talking about people who kill, sometimes numerous times, and in Bundy’s case has sex with the corpse.

So thankfully I don’t have a clue what is going on in their head!

1 Like

He was a paranoid Schizophrenic tho farmer and it is well documented the man had visions of the devil, etc even from a young age

Im not aware that Allan Hawe was suffering from schizophrenia - i don think he was - IMHO and i havent read the earlier posts from the lads ( i will at home later) he was driven to a psychotoc state after been caught wanking in school or whatever - this was stewing away in his brain and his get out card was to murder his entire family and himself before going back to school to make it go away else he be exposed to the shame, etc.
now does that make him mentally ill ? i think it probably does at the time of the event.

regarding murder suicide - yeah i know of 2 - one in cobh in dec 2014 (father out of central mental hospital killed himself, daughter and wife - tragically it was his wife who campaigned for him to be at home) and in 2010 a fella i played hurling with killed himself and x2 girls in ballymacoda when his wife went to work… he was off work with depression at the time,
horrible cases

One case of murder suicide (attempted suicide as it transpired) which sticks with me was an Indian born guy from Carlow I think who drove to Mayo with his two sons. He killed both and tried to kill himself but survived. He had been caught stealing from the local credit union.

His oldest son was around 10. The poor lad was found with facial and head injuries as well as stab wounds as he tried to defend himself.

For a father to do that to a son over the perceived outcome of stealing a few quid is mind boggling. Then again Hawe seems to have been similar so maybe there is a whole area of mental health consideration for such types of situations. It is fucking scary anyway.

2 Likes

I read somewhere he was very controlling/possessive about his family. It’s likely he believed that because they were “his” he could do whatever he wanted to them. Whatever its label is they weren’t the actions of a sane man. Suicide is the action of someone who is mentally unwell. Bringing others with you, especially loved ones, are the actions of someone who is further down the line of insanity.

No excuse for it, they are just sick fucks. This “the devil possessed me” or “I had an outer body experience” shite is the same as those fuckers caught taking money from charities and suddenly they have come down with “Stress” and other related excuses.

1 Like

Suicide is certainly not always the sign of being mentally unwell. In fact some level of suicide could be considered normal within overall populations.

In some cases people are certified by at least two psychiatrists as being incapable of knowing what they were doing.

I have often heard of cases where a son or daughter kill their parent due to this - the parent doing their best to look after their own kin. It is terribly sad.

Suicide may well be normal as in “it happens” but mentally well people do not commit suicide.

So a man given a terminal diagnosis with only pain to look forward until death committing suicide is the sign of someone mentally unwell?

I have heard of that happening a few times where I’m from.

Are you saying a terminal diagnosis doesn’t have an impact on someones mental health?

I’m saying that it’s normal that it impacts them and that it doesn’t necessarily impact mental health, if you take mental health to be an abnormal reaction to life’s events.

Fuckit lads, you’ll never understand what went on in that mans head, no point mulling over it too much, it was a heartbreaking incident

1 Like

Remember that, selfish bastard

Philip Boucher Hayes has just explained it all (familicide) on Radio 1,

A terminal diagnosis has to be one of the toughest things a brain has to process. I’m not sure it can have no impact on mental health. I’m no expert though.

What did he say?

It’s not easy strangling someone.

The first time I did it I was racked with guilt for a good while after it. It’s a bizarre, thrilling, shameful feeling. The mind takes a while to readjust after it.

I was 13 when I first strangled. There was no real thought really, just this urge came over me to do it … this primeval dark urge. I was in the bath and the little man popped up - I didnt know what was going on so I strangled him.

You lads can get all academic about it as long as you want. But unless you’ve been there you’ll never understand it.

1 Like