Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

I believe Churchill went to Harrow.

Correct - His kids and grandkids went to Eton so I assumed… that’s my million gone.

I once lived and worked in Harrow on the Hill, in a caravan on a building site. It was very instructive seeing the toffs wander in and out of their beautiful school in their straw hats and blue blazers.

I now understand why @flattythehurdler grinds your gears.

10 Likes

I knew that. I won Cross Country Quiz you know.

Were you in Macra ?

He’s won the macra Polish branch quiz for 14 years straight.

I was brought in as a ringer. It was an Effin/Kilmallock combo.

Thinly veiled “I’m a million time more intelligent than the rest of ye”.

Instructive in what way?

Instructive in that they were very obviously being tutored to be a class apart. They weren’t being encouraged to blend into the background.

Not at all. Being good at quizzes is not a fair measure of intelligence.

A very smart fellow I know once said of quizzes ;

“ they amaze me in the amount of useless info that many carry around in their heads”

I got to the semi final of Know Your Sport in 1996. Won the first heat in Waterford in that hotel that was on top of the hill overlooking the river cc @Fagan_ODowd Anthony Daly was the mystery guest and presented me with the crystal as the credits rolled. This was late September 1995. Being the bitter Limerick bollix I was and still am I accepted it through gritted teeth and ignored him thereafter when the pints started flowing while others queued for autographs. Had a few mates down with me and we went on an almighty tear on my only time to date sampling the Blaa night life.

9 Likes

The Ardree hotel. Used to stay there the odd time years ago.

someone else here claimed to be on know your sport as well. @Sidney perhaps?

I still have the old tapes at home somewhere I won’t be asking @Copper_pipe to convert them😂

Did I ever mention that I won the pioneer quiz back in 88? Same day as Luton beat Arsenal in the league cup

1 Like

Me Da was on it.

Omagh’s Fabian McGlone put in a Tour de France on that series, which was the final one, if I remember correctly.

1 Like