Tonight's TV

Yeah It was good but could have been better,could have focused more on the older teams

1 Like

Portillo made a pretty sobering remark to finish that program.

1 Like

what did he say?

He did. Well made I thought.
As an aside, Crossmaglen women don’t age well.

1135 on rte1

Has there ever been a really good documentary about GAA? I can’t think of one off hand.

Mickey Harte’s time in charge of Tyrone would make for a smashing 30 for 30.

I guess “Red Hand Lights” already has that covered in drama form. Il Bomber Destro TV Programme Ideas

1 Like

Insurrection starting in a few moments on Teilifis 1.

Dead Brits lying all over Northumberland Road.

1 Like

Volunteer Mick Malone giving it socks here.

The sangwiches being doled out here between the volunteers.

Basil Fawlty appointed to command the Brits.

Bbc history magazine did a podcast about the rising last week

Caught the end of that, didn’t realise that there was a living child of one of the executed, if it was anyone but Mallin he’d be on a pedastal for the year.
Bit of a history overload in the house, the wife won’t watch anything else about 1916 with me and we are a one telly house. Spent the day in Dublin yesterday hoping to have a good look around by myself but my research was terrible, Collins barracks was closed and the GPO exhibition doesn’t start till next week, spent a while in the Ambassador exhibition which seems to be curated by Sinn Fein, wouldn’t bother my arse with it if anyone is interested

1 Like

I was caught by that myself, Collins’ barracks not open on a Monday… I wouldn’t blame the wife either, I’m getting sick of hearing 1916 myself.

1 Like

That’s what you get for not seeking the advice of tfk experts.

There was a decent fly on the wall doc made about Portumna from around 2003

What was the one with the Galway footballers in 98,A month of Sundays or something,that was fairly good

A year til Sunday

4 Likes

I think it was made by the lad that did the mayo end of toughest trade.

He was the Galway sub goalie that year. Hence the access.