Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Not a huge restaurant man myself but here’s a few places I have liked:

Diep La Shakur, Dublin

• already mentioned by The Rock. Smashing grub.

Shanhan’s on the Green, Dublin

• puked after my dinner there but that may have had something to do with me drinking all day before it. The bread that they brought out beforehand is still probably the nicest thing I ever tasted. The steak was excellent also. The muscles for starters was what destroyed me.

Ginger, Belfast

• Michelen star and fantastic food and service

Cork International Airport Hotel Restuarant, Cork

• Smashing grub, decent banter from the staff but surroundings very tacky.

The Oarsman, Carrick-on-Shannon

• Smashing grub, full but never stuffed and great service.

Also every single restaurant I visited in Kinsale - and Indian one, Jim Sheridans and some other one who’s name I can’t remember.

Ah your joking me? In Lahinch? Old fella about 96 runs the place. Only 1 tap in the place and thats Guinness. Loads of birds custard on the shelves? Love that place.

Back on topic: Cafe Mao on Chatam St was very good anytime I ate there, but have heard it get mixed reviews.

Locke, HB said exactly what I’ve heard about Paul Flynn from my brother in law who’s also a chef.

Some good ones in Wexford

-The Vine-thai food…best in town

-Dolce a Vita- best italian in town

-Fordes

Pubs/Restrauants

-The Riverbank

-The Yard

-Dakota

I have this minute just tried to book my usual joint for dinner with a new bird at the weekend and was offered 5pm only so have taken your advice and booked Le Caprice. If this doesn’t work out satisfactorily, I’ll hunt you down and stick you like a pig! http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

If it does of course, I’ll name my first born Art.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]I have this minute just tried to book my usual joint for dinner with a new bird at the weekend and was offered 5pm only so have taken your advice and booked Le Caprice. If this doesn’t work out satisfactorily, I’ll hunt you down and stick you like a pig! http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

If it does of course, I’ll name my first born Art.[/quote]

you’ll be grand SS** and it does offer great celeb spotting opportunities

Does it shit, never checked the prices!!! Arrrggh.

about 50 per head incl vino

its muldoons touting them flano,they are over the moon if they get spudz cabbage bacon & gravy - urbanites have a better palate so dont read too much into their tips

Shut up and eat your coddle!

eh, Fingal is famoud for its fine food

as the saying goes -Fingal, rich in land & sea

[quote=“north county corncrake”]eh, Fingal is famoud for its fine food

as the saying goes -Fingal, rich in land & sea[/quote]

so rats and mice it is

can we get Jelly and Ice Cream included with our High Tea in the Fingal Region?

Sea - rich in radiation!

Fagans in Drumcondra is great spot for pub grub. Myself and Bertie often had dinner there.

Bistro One in Foxrock at the back of Leopardstown race course. Nicest meal you’ll get south of the canal.

The best place i have been in Dublin was Chapter One, amazing food with brilliant unpretentious serving staff. Great stuff

New restaurant to look out for is Ananda. It’s an Atul Kochhar restaurant that is located in Dundrum.

Vermillion indian in Terenure, pricy as fuck but a notch or two above your typical indian.
i havent gone to sample the belly dancers though, i think they untie them midweek only

Vermillion is nice alright but thats about it. An Atul Kochhar place would be light years ahead of it.

We’ll dutch it so.