Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

She had the ribeye too, albeit cooked differently and with a different sauce. She didn’t want a starter but I said “well you may watch me eat one so because I’m having one”. I’m a man. I had the carrot and ginger soup as I was in shoup and shteak mood. We then shared a warm chocolate fondant for dessert in a very romantic moment. Our wine was Malbec and our water was tap (me) and sparkling (her).

1 Like

Which of ye had the steak well done?

Sounds lovely mate, would it be superior to the chop house for a bit of steak and chips? I do like the chop house though eating steak out wouldn’t be my thing normally

Neither of us, pal. She ordered medium rare (as I often would) and but I ordered medium as I remember @Fran giving me a piece of advice before that you should always order “one up” for ribeye.

3 Likes

I think it’s superior to The Chop House which is good also. I don’t think gastro pubs should be charging €30 for steaks though. I prefer the restaurant experience of Asador for roughly the same price and slightly better food.

1 Like

I went to “Marco Pierre White’s” place on iirc Dawson Street last week.
Average.
Not sure of price as I wasn’t paying, I don’t think it was extortionate.
I had venison which looked nicer than the steak. It was very nice.
Crab starter was disgusting.

It’s actually making me want to retch thinking of it.

Miles superior

Well done for remembering my advice, mate

You get a lovely steak at the chop house, bearnaise to die for as well, I’ll have to try out asador some time

Ate in Jacobs on the Mall last night for the first time in a while. Chilli prawns, fillet steak, tropical eton mess. 9.7 out of 10. Senfuckingsational

1 Like

Ate in Forest Avenue tonight. Enjoyed it.

What did you have Fagan?

I had the five course tasting menu with the wine pairing.

Pumpkin
Crab
Pasta
Duck
Custard tart

2 Likes

What were the wines? Wouldn’t be a duck fan but that combination sounds nice.

A sparkler from the Loire
A white burgundy
A red from Catalonia
A cahors Malbec
A sweet wine from Jurancon

2 Likes

Simple and effective. Love it. A former work colleague raves about this place. Never been there but must try it.

Had a nice meal in the scotch bonnet with a gang from Townsville

2 Likes

Well worth a try.

1 Like

Did you roll a dice to see if you got it for free or not?