Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Some great advice here, cheers lads :clap:

+1

Chowder and a pint of Guinness at o Grady’s is always pleasant (and cheap)

2 Likes

O’Gradys in Barna, Morans of the weir, and the White Gables in Moycullen were always staples of the in-laws race week eateries

1 Like

Moran’s isn’t worth the effort anymore really

1 Like

4 Likes

All that lovely attention to detail and then they throw out that bowl of gammy, overcooked vedge straight from microwave.

4 Likes

His heart must be broken with that shit. The missus beside him then ordering frozen roast potatoes and chicken goujons…god bless him he has the patience of a saint.

2 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd as promised I ate in Sha Roe last night. It was as good as always. 4 of us shared a load of starters, Seafood Ramen, Minced Lamb Kebab and a Pork Fritter of some sort. I had a Sirloin of Lamb for mains and then we all shared a load of different desserts with the Dark Chocolate Marquise being the highlight for me.

3 course meal for the 4 of us with a bottle of red, a bottle of Cava, 2 glasses of Cava and an Irish coffee was just under 300. Desserts at 9 euro was pricey but the rest was savage value for the quality of food you’re getting. And there was no foraging nonsense

2 Likes

No climate emergency in the @Mac house based on that post

1 Like

Interesting term, never heard lamb cut or called that before. How was it cut/cooked/served?

Any recommendations in along the red Luas line, between the museum and abbey street say. cc @Spidey @Fagan_ODowd

A flick knife and run as fast as you can?

9 Likes

M&L obviously just past the Abbey St stop. The Moroccan on Capel St was grand the time I was in there. Plenty of ethnic Chinese and Korean restaurants on Capel St too.

Bovinity and Krewe on capel st good too. Tang does nice Middle East/med stuff on abbey st - more lunchtime spot. There was a nice seafood place on benburb but think it’s closed now. Wuff good for brunch

1 Like

M&L is tremendous

Just like this. Side of pea and leek gratin and lightly spiced potato cubes of some sort.

4 Likes

Very nice.
Do you know where the term sirlion came from?

Yes Sir Leon Brittan said it was his favourite cut.

3 Likes

That’s a new one for me. Story I was told the cut was knighted by King Henry XIII.
Hope that doesn’t put you off it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like