Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Had a grand lunch in Dax. Game terrine, venison and cheese

2 Likes

Lovely spot. Consistently good.

Never disappoints.

That sounds rotten

Lovely lunches in The Cliff Townhouse and Asador this week.

Cliff Townhouse a step above but was empty enough and last time I was there it was the same.

Asador does what it does really well. Must try it for dinner.

Dinner in Kinara Clontarf last night. A premium Indian dining experience

2 Likes

There’s a top 100 restaurants in Ireland special in the Sunday Times today

You must be the size of a gable end.

3 Likes

I’m a grand size.

What did you have?

That could mean anything.

It could indeed. That’s why I posted it.

3 Likes

I never doubted you big man.

For the main

Mirch Masala Gosht (spicy)€18.95
Lean pieces of lamb spiced with garlic, green chilli, fresh tomato. Garnished with coriander & chilli.

To start

Subzai Jalfrezi€6.50 €13.00
Seasonal Vegetables Cooked with Fresh Herbs & Our Classic Ginger & Scallion Curry Sauce.

A garlic naan and a pilau rice.

5 Likes

Sounds absolutely delightful, you can’t beat a good Indian.

It was savage. I’m fairly sure it’s the best Indian in the country, outside of Cork where there’s probably a chef who cooked for Gengis Khan.

13 Likes

Dont think it’s an Indian restaurant

I think you might be right.

It’s a step above though alright. For the dullards on here it’s easier to say it’s Indian

Mrs. Batt got a token from her boss to the Mustard Seed a few weeks ago and we went last week. Had John Dory with White currant jelly, puffed mustard seed, oyster purée (not too keen on this bit), beer pickled celery. Sorbet of pear, apple and Mango and a main course of Sea Bass (without the cockles) and a selection of desserts. Fucking gorgeous. We had a few glasses of wine which we allowed the concierge to pick out and a few drinks afterwards which brought our own bill to about €60. The sorbet and desserts were out of this world and couldn’t find fault with any of the rest of it either.

4 Likes