Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

If you’re down in the south east try sha roe in Clonegal. You won’t be disappointed

Really?
I’m surprised by that.

If you’d never eaten in a good version of them you might think its ok but its a mile off the likes of Ramen etc

A good version of what?
When they had Aroi it was inarguably excellent.

A good version of the multiple asian fusion resteraunts around the place.

Was never in aroi

I booked it at Easter. Keep an eye on the Facebook page. They announce cancellations there.

I have to say the Ramen place in the crescent is very meh. Been twice and both times got one really nice main and one awful

No offense chaps. This is a thread about the top 10 restaurants in Ireland. I don’t believe it’s the place to discuss noodle bars in Limerick

20 Likes

I booked Mr fox on your recommendation pal, looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I’ll keep an eye. I’ll book earlier next year too

I’m based around Hook Head for the week so clonegal is a bit far. Thanks all the same

There’s a nice pub in Fethard that I can’t remember the name of (@Gman will know). Roches in Duncannon very nice too. Both serve lovely food.

That’s Neville’s id say. We’ve been down that direction a good few times. Hook is a glorious spot.

1 Like

If there is anything you need to find out or know send me a pm. Highly recommend going out on the kayaking tour if you’ve family down of age that can manage it. You down for bank Hol wknd?

2 Likes

I took the family at my mother’s choice for dinner to the pullman restaurant at glenlo Abbey in galway. It was undoubtedly the worst value for money meal I have ever eaten. Bland, dry food in frankly bizarre surroundings, with some oddball ritual about “getting your ticket stamped in case the inspector comes round”, a table which had to be folded away at the end if you wanted to go to the toilet, appalling house wines which were of the four quid in aldi standards. My ma wanted fizz, which was served warm (we had to use glasses of ice), we hence ordered house white, thinking it more likely they’d have it chilled, but no, something roughly equivalent to blue nun in taste arrived warm. Mediocre lukewarm food. All worked out at about a hundred notes a head.
Avoid at all costs. It is fucking appalling.
Went to a small place in oughterard last night which has been taken over by the ex head chef from Ballynahinch. Food was twice as good and the bill less than half.

12 Likes

Great review!

Is that the place you eat on an old train?? Any place with gimmicks like that is a bad sign!

1 Like

Thanks pal. I’ve booked the kayaking already. We did it the last time and it went down well. We are leaving tomorrow for a week.

Few things on locally over the bank holiday wknd, typical roaster stuff, but might be something for kids to be entertained. Small pub near Tintern has a lot of new stuff since last year, outdoor decking area and some food. Bouncy castle for kids if they’re of that age. a walk around the abbey and a pint in the beer garden over looking Bannow bay on a sunny day is hard beaten.

1 Like

I’m ok with roasters. I’ll have a look out for that

1 Like

I heard the dogs ended up in aroi

1 Like