Top 3 hurlers of all time

Cork were never reliant to one superstar tbf, they had a lovely blend to that 00’s team.

A bit like current Limerick team… One or two have potential but it’s about the group.

in terms of pure artistry, Sean McMahon

3 Likes

Donie
Clem
Houla

1 Like

Mackey is the only Limerick hurler that should be considered and by all accounts he was a flat track bully and not much of a hurler, compared to Ring and Smyth of his own era.

1 Like

Ring, Mackey and Rackard having never seen any of them.
It’s too broad so happy with above selection with a nod to Jimmy Smyth who the auld lads here rave about

Gillane has shown the potential so far this year ( and ultimately did so last year too bar numerous missed goals ) to be a great and his current trajectory leads right to the top.
He has that bit of nastiness needed but also a nice eye for those posts which is crucial.

1 Like

Stop, Gillane hits an appalling number of wides, including frees. Almost cost Limerick the final last year. Also a hothead and has the potential to be sent off in every game.

He was terribly wasteful last year as I outlined, but he has been outstanding this season. He walked all over good players throughout Fitz Cup and his league form was outstanding also.
He has been very good from play & frees too.

Cian Lynch is shaping up to be the possible great from that group. Does spectacular things in nearly every game now. Getting on the scoresheet more regularly as well.

Top 3 lists are fair boring. DJ, Tommy Welsh and The Sheff probably the ones that stand out.

The real hurling season hasn’t started yet. No doubt he has great potential, but I would worry about his temperament.

The real hurling usually started for Galway in an ireland semi final versus Antrim.

7 Likes

How many times did Galway play Antrim in an All Ireland semi-final?

Take your time answering.

1 Like

modern times

1. Joe Canning
  2. DJ Carey
  3. Brian Whelehan

and I seriously thought about including Ken McGrath

2 Likes

Much trickier than the footballers. Too difficult to pick one so I’ll just throw a quick one out there. Pat Fox.

There you go bud

Sure you’d be on the list if that was the criteria.

Too hard to pick 3 from all counties after the last 20 years we’ve had, so, top 3 Kilkenny

1. JJ Delaney
  2. DJ Carey
  3. Henry Shefflin

next 3

Tommy
Richie Power
Willie O’Connor

Top 3 rest of Ireland

1. Joe Canning
  2. Brian Whelehan
  3. Eoin Kelly
1 Like