Tottenham Hotspur, the only team that TFK cares about: even on World Cup final day

“we” ?

I haven’t a clue . Focused on hurling and a bit of swimming these last 2 weeks .

None so far. On Sky Sports News there a minute ago. None this time last year either but a late burst in the ladt few weeks.

We

I heard Jack Grealish is the big summer target :grinning:

He would have given England a real bit of class had he been on World Cup squad .

No better club for him to develop.

A creative midfielder is what we need most. Grealish would really fit the bill there.

We beat AC Milan 1-0 last night. 6 academy players in the starting XI.

Jack Grealish signing looks to be off. Aston Villa looking for crazy money, £40 million apparently. Doesn’t look like there will be any new signings for the upcoming season.

Congratulations to Golden Boot Harry and Kate on the birth of their second daughter, Vivienne.

A lovely name and I’m sure a lovely baby too.

Immaculate timing as ever from the man with the golden boot. Only an expert marksman, with the precision of Prince Harry, could have fired the winning salvo into the fragrant Kate 9 months in advance of the exact gap between the end of the world cup and the start of the premier league season.

I’ve tweeted TFK’s congratulations directly to the great man.

Let’s hope he values this daughters life a bit more than his other one.

Not long to go now guys.

Is it a trip to Newcastle first up?

You Spurs weirdos get weirder and weirder. Must be something in the Holsten Pils.

The slow start to the season has been a real problem during Pochettino’s tenure. Golden Boot Harry has never scored a league goal in the month of August and slow starts essentially cost us very winnable league titles in 2015/16 and 2016/17. We need to hit the ground running this season. Its an awkward enough first few fixtures - Newcastle (a), Fulham (neutral Empire Stadium), Man U (a), Watford (a), Liverpool (h). Having so many of our players involved in the World Cup until the weekend of the final is a real worry. Those players have only returned to training this week so god knows what sort of a side we’ll field today. I’d settle for a point today in the North East.

Much stronger than I anticipated

Spurs starting XI to face Newcastle today: Lloris, Aurier, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Eriksen, Alli, Moura, Kane

Good to see Moura get a start. He’s been going well in the pre-season games and looked promising on his occasional cameos last season.

Should be a handy win for Spurs. Newcastle’s team is worse than what they had last season. Ciaran Clark is starting