Tottenham Hotspur, the Ryan Mason variant

If Harry Kane was playing this should be 5 nil

1 Like

I agree. Villa should push the boat out and sign him.

1 Like

The loss of Harry is immeasurable. No team can really absorb the loss of one of the all time great strikers.

1 Like

Pity for Spuds Harry wanted to win things

Spurs have no penetration.

A suitably Spursy send off for El Tel (so far anyway)

Defending was terrible there

I was saddened to hear of Venables’ passing. @Cheasty has nicely highlighted some of those truly great moments from 1996 that will live long on in the memory. RIP.

1 Like

Bizarre substitution there, Gil has been excellent

Not to worry lads…. Ye won the awards early doors

The dream is over

There will be no lap of honour tonight

1 Like

The Euros in 2021? England gathered huge momentum in that tournament and were basically playing on home soil. I suppose the fact that capacity crowds weren’t permitted may have negated the buzz somewhat.

Wasn’t Steve Stone getting a run for them off the bench? The likes of Paul Ince and Darren Anderton were a level below Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes and David Beckham who followed.

I don’t think from an England point of view that that Euros was near as culturally significant as 1996. The main thing people remember from it is the trouble at the final, and people being coked up on Wembley Way from 10am.

Euro '96 seemed to perfectly sum up a celebratory moment in English society.

2 Likes

He did appear from the bench alright,

I know what you’re saying re Ince and Anderton but both were still more than decent players.

Ince for instance was at Inter Milan at the time and had a good spell there.

1 Like

Decent performance against title challenging Villa from our injury and suspension ravaged side. We need to get bodies back though in a bad way.

Saw the second half. That’s living, not existing. Thought Spurs were really good & that high octane stuff is brilliant to watch as a neutral. Very fine margins but Villa are a good side these days too.

You need to stop rolling around on the floor and whinging. Villa players didn’t start that shite until we had the scores on the board.

It was peak Cool Britannia

2 Likes