Tottenham Hotspur, the Ryan Mason variant

I donā€™t doubt it. Iā€™ll give Match of the Day a skip tonight as well.

1 Like

Ye must be used to that

Iā€™m pushing up towards 50 years of this never ending cycle. We did win plenty of Cups back in the early 80ā€™s when Cups were still big. Last 40 years have been underwhelming though.

Cups are training games at the moment unfortunately

It depends.
Winning the 2024 league cup was apparently an absolutely amazing achievement. An absolute triumph, whereas winning the 2023 league cup was apparently the epitome of failure. Some very knowledgeable lads told us.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Spurs created plenty of opportunities to do beater but everything seems so frantic. In the final third there is very little composure, itā€™s all 100 mph stuff. When it doesnā€™t come off the anxiety in the stands comes down onto the pitch and it gets even more disjointed.
Solanke had a great opportunity but did even get a shot away.

Timber as left back look very good defensively for Arsenal.

1 Like

For a proper team, like a phone with champions league aspirations or above, winning the cup is not an achievement worth shouting about. Teams play weakened teams in the early rounds.

Thereā€™s very little by way of quality in that Spurs team from midfield up. The manager hasnā€™t a breeze either and is out of his depth. Weā€™ll do well to finish top half.

Heā€™s a good coach, theyā€™ve very little quality in the front 3 bar Solanke though. The French kid should play instead of Son on the left who isnā€™t a touchline winger at 32.

The signings of especially Johnson and Richarlison, the way Kulusevski has turned out, Werner has sickened Levy. This young French kid from Burnley might be good and he can at least dribble.

Was surprised he never moved Son on, missed a trick there.

Shouldā€™ve given Kane his 500k per week. Van Der Ven, Udogie, Romero, Bentacur, Madison is the bones of a good team.

Romero is the biggest liability in that team at the moment. He needs to be benched. Heā€™s at fault for a goal practically every game. Heā€™s nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

3 Likes

Dominic Solanke is not a Premier League level player. How much did Tottenham sign him for?

The daftest signing since Liverpool spent 60 million on Stewart Downing.

1 Like

Yeah he is doing the bollox at the minute for sure. Theyā€™d get massive money for him though were they to cash in Iā€™d say.

Iā€™m not a stats guy, but did he not score 20 odd goals last year

Real Madrid are apparently interested in him. Good riddance.

1 Like

Maguire is a free agent in the summer, would make a lot of sense.

They signed that Dragusin fellow for plenty of money last season and heā€™s had very limited game time.

Youā€™d be as well off with Eric Dier at the back still instead of Romero.

Iā€™ve no idea. What I do know is he was at Liverpool and wasnā€™t remotely near the level required.

I think Everton signing James Beattie is the best comparison. Anybody who saw Beattie early in his career knew he was a lumbering blunderbus. Then Gordon Strachan somehow managed to wring some performances out of him and the daft idea grew that Beattie was a player worth signing and good old Moyesie ploughed in and spunked the Everton family silver on him. As soon as Beattie signed for Everton he immediately returned to being what everybody knew he was.

Was it Solanke who refused to hit that loose ball early in yesterdayā€™s game? If I was the Spurs manager Iā€™d have immediately been making a mental note to offload that player in the January window because he is so clearly not at the level.

I think he has come on a lot in fairness to him in terms of his all round play. I saw him the first night against Leicester, he was excellent albeit he didnā€™t score and missed 3 good chances.

What they see in him is heā€™s a strong runner, good with his back to goal and combines well with other and is a good age at 26.

He needs to be burying those chances though.

Of the ones that were up, I thought Toney was the Spurs player with his technique and swagger but I do think Solanke will be okay.

They should have looked to loan in Darwin Nunez.
he would suit their chaotic 100 mph stuff. And a change might be as good as a rest for him. He wouldnā€™t have the same weight of expectation on his shoulders as he currently has at Liverpool.

1 Like