Tottenham Hotspur, the Ryan Mason variant

No mistake this time. 1-1.

1 Like

That sums up Emerson Royal. He’s in any shake up for the worst ever Spurs signing. Hopefully that’s the last we see of him.

Spurs have been shocking from the first whistle. In keeping with poor performance levels all season.

This Conte tactic of not wanting the ball is not much of an evolution on Mourinho and Nuno. @backinatracksuit is as an astute an observer of Tottenham Hotspur as you’ll get and he was calling this from Day 1.

If you’ve plodders like Hojberg and Dier and limited footballers like Emerson Royal, it doesnt matter what tactics you employ. Theyre incapable of dominating and playing possession based football against a vibrant young Arsenal team.

Lloris is also incapable of playing out from the back.

Conte worked a miracle to get them into the top 4.

Bissouma and Kulusevski should start though, and one of Son or Richarlison who are too similar.

If you play a brand of football as putrid as that employed by Ratface it makes no difference to real supporters whether you finish 2nd or 17th, the sooner he’s gone to sone club that values results over all else the better

That’s the best set up for the likes of Hojberg, Royal and Dier. They kind of have to sit in. They all dither on the ball and would get eaten by the Arsenal press. They just don’t have the operating speed to play through most premier league teams on the front foot

Bissouma will be a good signing and will oust Hodjberg.

I get the supporter thing, but Conte has to try and win. They’re a counter attacking team with an excellentfront 3, one top centreback and a shot keeper, they’re set up pretty optimally I think.

Doherty is way better with the ball than Royal but he must have worried about Martinelli breezing past him.

Chairman Tan turning the screw on coach conte after one defeat.

Spurs are obviously a results over performance club given the managers they’ve appointed since poch

They’ve been playing stodgy enough football since Poch’s last 18 months.

Eriksen, Dembele, Walker, Rose have never been replaced really.

And before Poch, sherwood and villas boas were very pragmatic.

You’d have to go back as far as 'Arry for the last time Spurs were a real gungo-ho team

1 Like

Every club is results first at boardroom level, but the supoporters don’t have to like it, the brand of football that they play at the moment is just awful, if I was a neutral I couldn’t bring myself to watch, I always hope they win because in my real life i still enjoy that workplace banter and with my old pals as well, I’ll get a rake of whattapps now from my two closest pals, both Arsenal fanatics, but i don’t think Conte will ever achieve anything of note, he won’t come near to enjoying the consistency that Poch brought, and he played it the right way. It doesn’t have to be ‘Gung ho’ that’s not what anybody wants

Spurs need a trophy, I’m sure if conte won a cup a lot of the misgivings would be forgotten

An FA cup would be nice, but there’s little enough chance of that

Conte has as good a chance as anyone of delivering one. The Son of God wouldn’t win a league with that panel

Coach Conte has had a lot of financial backing from
Uncle Joe, Chairman Levy and the board. Something like 8 new players since January. Hard to know why he didn’t sign a creative midfielder. Good to see local lad and academy graduate, Oliver Skipp on the bench today after an awful run of it with injuries. Skippy is our best midfielder.

Paddy footix like @estebandaface don’t get it. He’s looking for an English soccer team to support, so he chooses the team winning all the trophies, a plastic outfit like Manchester City bankrolled by a crowd of human right abusing oil men that go around chopping heads off.

@estebandaface thinks that Tottenham fans who’ve had Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, Luka Modric and Gareth Bale down the years are going to be happy to win the Milk Cup and have to endure the type of scutter soccer that Coach Conte is currently serving up. 8 league games and bar maybe the second half at home to both Southampton and bottom of the table of Leicester, we’ve played diabolically the rest of the time, even if results and league position largely mask it.

More casual racism from the imperialist pig, just like Spurs, he don’t like it up him

2 of Skipp/Bissouma/Bentacur or change of formation and play as a trio maybe.

Hojberg is very willing but he isn’t quick enough with the ball nor is he really a top athlete

Good lord

A 0-0 draw in Frankfurt. Plenty of perspiration. Not much by way of inspiration.

2 Likes