Tour De France 2012

Shame Nibali didn’t stick with it there :frowning:

Explain the reasoning for all that

Nibali is third overall and Sky would hunt him down till they catch him. The fellow breakaway guys would have told him he is ruining their chances of a break so go away. Nibali also realised he was 100km from finish and in all likelihood would be caught so he will conserve energy for last two climbs.

The gap is still less than 2 mins and Liquigas are setting the pace. I think this suggests Nibali doesn’t want break to get away as he wants to win the stage. He probably realises he’s not going to usurp Wiggins and a stage win and podium finish will be a just reward for his efforts

Would have been extremely hard for Nibali to have made that work. Would have been likely to have lost time had he persisted.

Did Zubeldia get back on lads?

Thanks Scrunchie

Liquigas certainly giving it a go anyway. When they go to front of peloton they put the hammer down big time.

This is it now. the next few hours are the last chance to stop Sky this tour

Did Martin get dropped from the breakaway?

yes

This is impressive from Liquigas.

Sky still have numbers there though.

How are Nibali and Roche going?

Both in chasing group of about 30. Nibali to attack just before summit I’d say and then down the descent. Doesn’t look like he is settling for third anyway. Could all backfire on him but hopefully not. Exciting rider to watch.

I’m giving my support Niabli in his gallant attempts to beat the brit riders.
Hopefully his drugs are good enough.

Fingers crossed.

Must say I would rather Valverde didn’t win this.

JVDB attacks!!!

Roche nicely positioned