Traffic management advice thread for roasters

Hiding in plain sight as you well know

1 Like

cc @anon32894817 careful on that stretch.

1 Like

Thanks guys I’ll be sticking to the limit.

They did well to get up over the limit there, obviously not in the rush 4 hours

Drove past there today. Saw no van but…:neutral_face:

Portlaoise, Tullamore way. Don’t be bothering your hole any other way.

You’ll do Portlaoise in an hour & 45mins cruising up motorway at 130km/ph.
Another 90mkns will see you to Mullingar handy. Road isn’t so bad at all.

Fish in a barrel outside rush hours. 60 too slow a speed limit on that stretch.

Where abouts is that?

Newbridge to Dublin side of Naas.

1 Like

It’s not actually imo as it’s always busy plus without the Roadworks that stretch of road always slowed to a standstill in rush hour as cars exited for Naas or the M9 exit.

If everyone slows down it all keeps moving steadily. Some amount of apes just continue to tailgate and cause stupid shunts & massive delays.

1 Like

Possibly but the shunts happen during rush hour. Should be 80 during off peak when it’s quieter.

I think you underestimating the stupidity of thick Paddy looking at the big shiny Diggers and flashing beacons.

It’s proper order slowing traffic down.

The only issue I’d personally have with that stretch of Road is how insanely long it’s taking the cunts to do the job.

They don’t work weekends.

I noticed that, they’re also allergic to Tower Lights and working extra shifts or when the Sun sets. They also seem oblivious to hiring more staff and Machinery to do the job faster and thus finishing it far more promptly.

They priced the job so well they had to hire in Contractors from the UK too.

3 Likes

Rome was not built in a day.

If it was we would have used their contractors.

I’m on that road almost every day. It’s going to be excellent when it’s done. March is the supposed completion of the motorway widening.

I’m heading up tonight altogether. Don’t fancy getting up at stupid o clock tomorrow and driving 3 hours.

I’ll get getting the bar staff to put through the pints as steak #concur :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Tomorrow is another cunt of a day. More wind and heavy rain all day.

I had an unfortunate incident this morning in which I winkled through across the traffic between a car and a lorry into the inside lane pulling onto a roundabout. The traffic was logjammed in all directions including on the roundabout, but the inside lane looked clear. As I pulled into it, I realised why, as the entire inside lane was coned off,except, for some reason, the bit I managed to pull onto. The lorry driver was clearly a little vexed by my driving, and nosed forward to block me backing back out, though its hard to see what youre at reversing a bike in any case, so there was nothing for it but to proceed slowly round the coned off bit until the next gap in the tape. Unfortunately, halfway there, I encountered a group of manc workmen who seemed a tad irate at my pottering along their safety bit on a motorbike. I started to attempt to explain, but it clearly was only inflaming things, so I fucked off sharpish, with peaceful state of mind slightly disturbed.

1 Like

It’ll never go well for you if a lorry driver takes a set against you.

Did you have to go into a Gregg’s and have a pastie to centre yourself again?

Nothing like a steak and kidney for the chakras