Traffic management advice thread for roasters

Ah, thank you @Raylan

1 Like

Is that horse or human?

I got the whatsapp alright but didnt want to post it.

:nauseated_face:

Jesus just seen the video, that’s horrific. I’m not the best after seen it.

:face_vomiting:

Unfortunately everyone has the same idea regards that so called short cut. Getting through the Blessington to Naas cross roads is a fucking nightmare and you just don’t save time taking that diversion imo.

You could be 20 or 25 minutes getting through the lights in Athgarvan

Heard the video is bad but haven’t seen it yet

Bad oul crash there on the Drumcondra Road there this morning. Two people dead RIP.

Traffic very bad on incoming routes on my he Northside as traffic is diverted east and west.

As an aside what has gone wrong on our roads in 2019. Road fatalities are off the charts so far this year.

The sooner we get computers doing our driving for us, the safer everything will be.

The problem is the amount of traffic and people driving wore out commuting to and from work and taking risks.

I know traffic wouldn’t have been too heavy that early, but it seems strange that there could be fatalities in a built up suburban area like that. Speed limit would be 50km p/h, wouldn’t it?

We need better public transport.

Cars tend to build up a fair oul’ lick on that stretch of road. The crash happened at the junction with Hollybank Road. That’s a right nasty junction. Almost certainly one of the cars was coming off Hollybank Road onto Drumcondra Road and got smashed into by somebody going northbound on Drumcondra Road towards @Fagan_ODowd’s pub.

One of them was going at a serious clip for both to be killed.

1 Like

Very strange.

To speculate wildly, sounds like it could have been a heart-attack or seizure or something similar from that.

Roadworks in Tipp Town. Avoid at all costs. Nearly missed the match over them.

Fixed

9 Likes

Chaps.

Am heading to Dublin from North next weekend to go to Croke Park. Have a few options open to me.

A) Drive to Dundalk and get the train to Connolly. However, there’ll be a bit of waiting around afterwards as the service is more limited on a Sunday.

B) just drive in. There shouldn’t be much traffic on a Sunday but will there be much in the way of parking for a fella arriving in around 1.30/2

C) Park at one of the Dart stations like Lusk or elsewhere in Fingal and get the dart in

Or

D) just stick my thumb up my hole

Any advice re parking or the dart appreciated