Traffic management advice thread for roasters

Sounds great hope all is well.

1 Like

Shur he needs the car?

I’ve given up driving to Dublin for work. Always get the train and taxi now. Coming in the n7 is a disaster.

2 Likes

I don’t know how they do it.

1 Like

I’d be on the M7 at 6am at the very latest. There’s no hard shoulder at the roadworks so any little tip or breakdown fucks the whole thing up.

Unless there’s something incredibly important you need the car for I’d be leaving it at home

2 Likes

You simple cunt. :rollseyes:

And we get the added benefit of seeing photos of your train station pints.

Depending where you are leaving from exactly I’d say to be up there safely on time you’d want to be on the Road at 5.30am at the latest.

Every cunt making that commute is on the road earlier & earlier trying to beat the traffic but it’s futile.

You’d need to be hitting the Red Cow at 8am to be sure you’d get to Dublin 3 comfortably imo.

1 Like

Tuesday is the worst day for traffic in city. Get up early and aim to be in Dublin 3 by 8am so clear red cow around 7am and enjoy a leisurely breakfast and coffee when you arrive.

2 Likes

Never underestimate the stupidity of a Chamber of Commerce to make a complete and utter balls of everything as they are unable to adjust to the changing nature of shopping.

I’ve never posted a picture of a train station pint

Yeah but your descriptions are so good we can see it clearly in our minds.

You would need to be past where the M7/M9 join up by no later than 7 I would say. They start coming off the M7 and going through Newbridge around 7.30ish, earlier if there’s an accident. If you’re later than that you’ll struggle to make it.

1 Like

Thanks very much lads.

Hang on. @Bandage is now living around D3 is he not? Have you been hauled into head office???

2 Likes

forehead office

3 Likes

I’m happy to shout @anon32894817 breakfast in the Clontarf Castle Hotel that morning.

2 Likes

Would that not be an awkward commute for you from coolock?

2 Likes

I must be in Mullingar on Wednesday morning for 9am. Travelling from Cork.

Google Maps says approx 2hrs 45mins

Would the better route to take be via Tullamore or via Portarlington ?