Traffic management advice thread for roasters

Dropping somebody off.

1 Like

Pretty much stopped on the M7, this isfucking awful.

Driving on Ireland’s 2nd busiest road while it’s undergoing road works during rush hour. What kind of a fucking mug are you?

It’s grand on the way back into Caaaark from Bandon. Cc @glasagusban. Banging out the Cure

2 Likes

SY450

Left at 4 hoping to get down in time for a reposal til 7.30. Not a hope now. Balls.

Sorry to hear that. You’d want to be the far side of Naas by 4pm

In Limerick? 3 and a half hours should be fine, but you’re goosed if you’re still stuck in the middle of Kildare alright. Meant to be finished at the end of April is the latest.

I would have thought it would have been more than enough alright.

Use the old road in future as far as Portlaouse

Is that actually any quicker though, Mike?

1 Like

oh for god sake, are those roadworks still going on?? how many years is it now?ffs, you’d never get that in England

He should go on a bicycle through the fields while he’s at it.

1 Like

how many micks does it take to fix the m7?

It’s a Canadian crowd have the contract

At the moment I would say yes. There’s a road beside the n7 that will bring you straight I to Naas.

1 Like

Of course you wouldn’t. Sure the micks built the roads over there. Built them good and proper too.

Coming off at Castlewarden to get to Naas, fair enough. But staying off the motorway all the way to Portlaoise would be madness, it would take you through the town centres of Naas, Newbridge and Kildare.

If you stay on that back road from Castlewarden through Punchestown/Two Mile House/Athgarvan, you could come back onto the motorway at the Curragh. Skip the all roadworks and you come out where it should be back to normal.

2 Likes

Have you seen the whatsapp?

Grim.