Turds Season 2019/20

I’ll play.

I’d love for you to play if you’d take it seriously mate, your track record isn’t great though,
I would like to put it up for a vote I suppose, so far three people have expressed interest

If nobody objects or wants the job themselves can we arrange a swap over of the keys @Copper_pipe?

1 Like

I’ll take it seriously this year.

I’ll do it tomorrow when im back in work if that’s ok?

1 Like

That’s perfect, gives any objectors time to go to work.

So far we’ve had interest from @lonelyisland236, @anon32894817, @Batigol and @FlakeAway, any other NFL fans want to throw their hat in the ring?

@Batigol has a huge advantage as somebody who talks to yanks all day on the Hertz desk

4 Likes

Might sound stupid but what’s the process with this thing? Have been following the sport for years but have never played this

You draft a roster of players before the season starts, and set a line up each week against an opponent. You can trade players and exchange players etc.

Let the man play

1 Like

Will give you a decent run through if you get in, draft system so only you own your players, 1 QB 2 RBs 3WRs 1 TE and a flex player, then a kicker and an entire defense,
You score for yardage gained and receptions, you’ll be stuck watching red zone though, you’ll never again watch a full game on Sunday :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Do what I did last year mate
Let the team pick itself (autodraft?) and make a few changes as you go along. It’s relatively easy as these lads are fairly shite at it (I was in the final like and I’ve seen about ten minutes or NFL in my lifetime)

In fairness, a few of the lads were good at giving me tips (e.g. you’ve a fella whose leg is after falling off in your starting line up). The app also makes it easy to follow / figure out

Thanks to @Copper_pipe for handing over the duties this morning

@backinatracksuit
@anon7035031

@Clixby_Bream
@maroonandwhite

@manbehindthewire
@carryharry

@anon26343222
@chops91
@Bawny

have all committed to the new season

I propose that if we haven’t heard from @the_burner and @Bad_Winner by the end of the day that we’ll move ahead with new players, any objections?

Id say its the only bit of work I’ve done all morning :shushing_face:

I’d give them a bit more time, it isn’t even August yet.
As it stands we need to fill three positions?

I dunno mate, these fellas haven’t posted here in a year or six months, we have an opportunity now to get three regular posters in the league,
It’s always been done at this time of the year so they’ll know to be expecting it
When the league is filled we can set the draft and fix a few things, I’m for moving ahead with the new lads

OK fellas, time to move on in my opinion, we have three spots and three people ready to fill them, ample time has passed for the @The_Burner and @Bad_Winner to respond,
I want to move ahead with creating divisions and setting a draft order and date.
the twelve are
@backinatracksuit
@anon7035031
@Clixby_Bream
@maroonandwhite
@manbehindthewire
@carryharry
@anon26343222
@chops91
@Bawny

@anon32894817
@lonelyisland236
@Batigol

as far as I can see (somebody else might be able to help out?) I need to send an invite by email to the three new players and also @chops91 as a re-entry.

so @anon32894817 @lonelyisland236 @Batigol and @chops91 if you are happy to PM me an email we can move on

One further thing to the new guys, you’ll need to register with NFL.com

1 Like

Does it need to be today?

No, as long as you accept the spot, you’ve said you want to play?
It’s just an email address

Do it after the all ireland

What Sunday are the first regular season games?