TV Rights, best avoided

You seem to know everything else today

1 Like

That’s a bit of a pain. Lot of great documentaries on sky box sets from those channels

Are you thinking of the RTE Director General Dee Forbes? She moved from Discovery to RTÉ.

I’m getting rid of sky so. No reality shows from the Alaskan wilderness no party

1 Like

I probably am.

No cycling on the telly. Hope TG4 step into the vacuum and start showing the spring classics.

If gold diggers goes that’s the end of tv in my house.

2 Likes

Won’t the wife end up getting the tv anyway?

1 Like

I’m an independent man with my own apartment now. Complete with my own tv.

Why were you referring to your house so?

Can you please find someone else to pester for the evening, I’ve had a shitty shitty day.
Maybe @flattythehurdler will leave his guard down and you might land some little bit of a blow on him after the trimming he gave you today.

8 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd you ok mate? You seem awful grumpy lately xoxox

Just catching up with this… Sky will lose a lot of custom you’d imagine…£5bn for prem league rights :joy:

[quote=“TreatyStones, post:979, topic:923, full:true”].

Sky & Discovery have failed to agree a new deal to broadcast the channels which fall under the discovery brand.
They are to stop broadcasting on February 1st.

Channels affected include Animal Planet, Discovery HD, Discovery History, Discovery Home & Health, Discovery Science, Discovery Shed, Discovery Turbo, DMAX, Eurosport1, Eurosport2, Investigation Discovery, Quest and TLC.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah lovely.

[/quote]

Discovery must have milked their few extra shekels. I’m seriously thinking of just getting rid of tv. Keep saor view maybe. I’d be watching it away some evenings and I could be half way through an episode of some shite or another before my brain cops that it has switched off and reboots itself to realise it’s watching complete garbage.

4 Likes

Still better than talking to the wife

2 Likes

Gaago has the club semis, get the fuck in

I only have saor view and I don’t even watch that tbh. You get your sport online and a few shows on Netflix … only a mug would be paying for sky in this day and age.

Not at all mate, if you have the affluence why wouldn’t you pay for super HD from SKY? Sure there’s a cost but if that cost is negligible then why shop elsewhere?