TV Rights, best avoided

It might have already been linked on the Terrible Websites thread.

Mate why are only half a million people watching the Irish soccerball team? Should John Delaney be fired?

nope, the TAM ratings show that the viewing figures fluctuate depending on the importance of the game i.e. a provincial final would be lower than the all oireland final

What’s more important than a World Cup Qualifier (apart from a Tournament game itself)? It’s the biggest game they’ll have all year

The further you go into the group the games get more important

for example no stick hurling or bogball game comes close to the Ireland France world cup qualifier

To the top 20s or TAM Nielsen itself?

MediaLive is where you get the ratings, you need to register.

We are pretty far into the group mate. Only three games left

FYI Information, pal. I like the term spud hockey more than stick hurling and plead with you to mainly use it.

Cheers

That is correct

Hopefully the viewing figures are better tonight

How can I watch the game tonight without it counting towards viewing figures?

By not watching one of the 2000 odd TVs with a funny box on top of it.

1 Like

Can you please provide a link for this now. My baseline research on this suggests otherwise.

Regards.

1 Like

True . I always loved that term

" he wouldn’t hurl spuds to a goose" .

One of TSGs better ones .

We were one of the first houses to get a TAM box, no word of a lie. My mammy, god rest her, she wouldn’t sit in front of it without the make up on and her Sunday best for fear of Gay Byrne seeing what she was wearing. Full sure she was that he was watching everything. Begod I miss the mammy all the same.

1 Like

You are the man with the stats access.
No one watches the Pro12.
The 2016 final, involving two “Irish” teams attracted an average viewership of around 220k.

Hurling is now more popular than soccer and rugby. Unreal.

Rugby and soccer figures have fallen off a cliff this year.
The country has turned it’s back on them.

And GAA attendances are way up… Unbelievable.