TV Rights, best avoided

Well you should be there anyway if you’re not applying double standards

Cat got your tongue, @maroonandwhite?

Why are you so afraid to answer a couple of simple questions?

What Saturday was the Eire-England game on in 2015?

And what was the attendance?

Many Irish football fans like football from outside Ireland. They’ll turn up when it’s convenient.

I have always said that football is the most popular sport, just that the Irish rugby team are the favourite team on the island.

Here dingus, we’re talking about the most popular team. GWTP.

There was that at the kk match in salthill, leinster final, leinster replay, all ireland semi, and replay, and all ireland. So most of their games. Beaten again but just pretend you weren’t, its served you well so far.

Anything to back that up. Tv viewing figures in the free state have the football team as the most popular. I think you need to get the number of people in boi that watch the irish rugby team on bbc and rte and the number of people in boi that watch the football team on rte

And ye are using attendance, participation and tv ratings to justify it, none of which the rugby comes out on top in.

I don’t really give a fuck to be honest

No game in the top 50 watched programs last year

Do you think the Irish rugby team would get a full house against the USA on a Tuesday evening?

My point is that it is almost always convenient for rugby fans to go watch Ireland play as they play on Saturday evenings or Sundays and most, not all of the fans live in South Dublin. This is also the most affluent part of Ireland which adds to the convenience

Agreed

No competitive Irish football games on terrestrial TV in 2018. We dealt with this days ago

Wrong. There were 14.

When have the soccer team ever got a full house?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Oh yeah the best fans in the wuddled arent interested in most of the teams games, got it

:grinning:

Have you not researched it? You’re a really poor debater

No one knows it seems. Soccer and facts, not a happy group

Sadly this isn’t just a Friendly thing with the football guys.

I would guess that we aren’t talking more than 12 or so times that they have managed to fill the Aviva.

They turn up to the jolly ups, but they don’t otherwise.

Lads who grew up in the 80s and 90s I understand will find this difficult, but things have moved on. It isn’t far off 20 years since Saipan. Young kids in Ireland still like football, but they have grown up with mediocre play. The ROI lads are not the commercial win they once were - that’s just the way it is. Robbie Brady is the most marketable footballer now, a defender for Burnley.

You were asked for two simple facts which are pertinent to assertions you’ve made on the thread and you can’t provide them.