TV Rights, best avoided

Ah they do an ok job. Its a boys club, all afraid to ask a difficult question. Nothing as nauseating as seeing Ted interview Ruby after he’s one a Grade 1 on an odds on shot asking him to talk them through the race. Tracy Piggott asks the most inane questions. Brian Gleeson is a bit of an idiot. Tom Lee’s addition makes no sense. Andy McNamara was the most interesting addition in a good 10 years but I presume he’ll have to give it up now if training. They could do so much more with it but they’ve been rehashing the same shite for a good 10 years now.

Jesus you hate ruby

I think they spend a lot more time than C4 speaking to the jockeys and trainers. Agree re Andy Mc. Excellent. Racing is a boys club full stop. C4 IS pretty woeful the morning line is unwatchable.

Gary O Brien is excellent but doesn’t ever really rock the boat with the jockeys and trainers either. Chapman about only one who ever really takes a strong view. Again though rarely with the jockeys

None of them do as their disposable income is based on off the record insights shared with them. Not just Ruby but the trio of Ted, himself and Robert with their heads up his hole.

C4’s post race analysis is much more superior. Ted can’t analyse a race. He’ll just throw out a phrase about a horse being a monkey or that jockey X won’t be happy with how he’s travelling. Tony O’Heir sounds like he’s having a stroke while calling every race.

You’re a vile human being.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. Many happy returns

1 Like

Of course you knew it was a stroke that ended his father’s broadcasting career and left him disabled and in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, despicable punning.

I wasn’t aware of that mate. I apologise. What would be a more appropriate condition to reference?

So more people watched a Rugby friendly than the 6 nations :joy:

Good to see the GGA featuring 3 times in the top 10 :clap:

Who the fuck is watching Mrs Browns boys? You’d despair.

2 Likes

Mrs Browns Boys appears in the top 20 as many times (3) as rugby games.

FWIW Mrs Browns Boys has its market, and good luck to them, and him. I despise Horse Racing and think those that watch that are simpletons, but it doesn’t make any less of them like it, no matter how much I despair.

Some very positive numbers there for the GAA,FAI & IRFU

6 Likes

and Mrs Brown

Yes, I like Brendan O’Carroll so am delighted for him

1 Like

Seems like a lovely fella to be fair.

Mrs browns boys reminds me of "when the whistle blows"the sitcom in Extras only less funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gZefqRVlTw

2 Likes

Sky & Discovery have failed to agree a new deal to broadcast the channels which fall under the discovery brand.
They are to stop broadcasting on February 1st.

Channels affected include Animal Planet, Discovery HD, Discovery History, Discovery Home & Health, Discovery Science, Discovery Shed, Discovery Turbo, DMAX, Eurosport1, Eurosport2, Investigation Discovery, Quest and TLC.

That’s the end of Eurosport then.

Is there an Irish girl running discovery ?

How the fuck would I know.