TV Rights, best avoided

Was a nice surprise when I got home earlier.

I believe this will be the case going forward for them. Some kind of “sub contract” or the like.

1 Like

We are proud to announce we have secured rights to broadcast live AIB GAA Football & Hurling Club Championship games for the next 5 years.

TG4 still retain rights to its Sunday games. The deal is not exclusive.

I wonder what games eir will get then, the Dublin Championship is ripe for the picking you’d feel.

1 Like

Eir’s sports package is decent enough; I think televising more club matches is a great thing.

Bit by bit, more and more games going to paid services however. Sure, eir is free if you have eir broadband, but thats not the case for all. These games weren’t shown anyway, and thats fair enough. I’m not lamenting it, or complaining, but it is happening, and its a drip feed approach. Be interesting to see where this ends up.

FFS

the GGA has sold its soul

1 Like

I thought your neverending point is that it does not have a soul?

Nope

My point is that its a minority rural sport invented by the brits

That’s football, mate.

And hurling

I’ve schooled you on this before and posted a number of newspaper articles that disprove this - Hurling is an age old sport in Ireland given to us over 2000 years ago.

Football is soccer/rugby with hurling rules applied.

2 Likes

More photos of poor muldoons squeezing together in the front room to watch a bunch of farmers and teachers run around a field on the tv doing their hobby.

As more people wake up to this racket the GGA’s support will continue to dwindle.

5 Likes

hopefully mate

Bar hurling every sport of note was invented by the Limeys . What is your point ??

Hurling was invented by the brits

the French invented Tennis

Italy invented Calcio

Hurling wasn’t invented by the Limeys.

Both the Limeys and French claim tennis .

Italy invented pasta .

Nope. That was the Chinese

1 Like

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/tv3-planning-to-give-rugby-six-nations-coverage-a-super-bowl-sunday-feel-35641444.html

Sensational news even more rugby on TV :ok_hand:

The razmatazz and mere association with NFL is gonna sucker in the last few stragglers here who think they are hipsters with their su day night snacking sessions