TV Rights, best avoided

The only Super Bowl feel will be all the adds.

3 Likes

Have they confirmed what half-time acts will be playing?

Declan Nerney

What’s wrong with Declan Nerney?

Absolutely nothing, he’ll play well to the Aviva patrons.

The marquee in drumlish is a stone cold classic.

1 Like

Who is Declan Nerney?

Yer wan from The Saturdays uncle.

Bressie and Hermitage Green. Jobs for the boys.

This is hardly a surprise, I’m not sure how many 18-24 year olds would have had their own Sky Sports subscription though. I imagine it’s a combination of not going to the pubs as much now and simply more eyeballs on it as you can watch it for free rather than wait for Match of the Day.

1 Like

Kind of related to the above but ESPN today are announcing some hefty layoffs over in the US. Big rights fees plus cord cutting is tanking their performance.

Given ESPN is more uniqutous (and hence bigger importance of ad revenue) over in the US than a Sky or BT here you’d be worried if you were a sports organisation here. The current rights boom is coming to an end.

1 Like

Hopefully anyway

Those horrible bastards Kannell, Russillo and Dilfer are gone, not all bad news.

Did I miss all the kerfuffle on here about rte wasting taxpayer money showing Mexico and new Zealand and the likes of absolute wankology in the confederaetes cup? There was a few hundred posts about the decision to show u 20 and women’s rugby.

@Tim_Riggins will you throw up a bar chart there and compare the viewing figures

Sigh

Fuck off! RTE is showing that shit :astonished:

Every night of the week.

Sweep sweep sweep

You’re better than this

Why should I Be? Outraged of fingal nearly lost their fucking lives a few months back. They were shouldering Ewan sky high for challenging ryle Nugent on it. Now silence at this farce. Fair play is fine play mate as you well know

You know it’s the same type of deal, or if you don’t you’ve just mugged yourself off.