Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

:grinning:

It’s one of the greatest series ever made.

Encounter at Far Point is one of the greatest tv episodes ever. Not to mention Locutus of Borg.

A personal fave is the lower decks in the last series. I love the way series seven actually showed that maybe just maybe the federation ain’t all that. I imagine some of the writers kept a close eye on us foreign policy. …the "there are four lights " episode can’t remember the name of it was astounding … as was the inner light. Lads may mock but it had some amazing episodes…

1 Like

Guys, I’m watching Deutschland 83 and finding it quite enjoyable. I must admit when I’m sitting in work at 8pm updating some bullshit PowerPoint deck the thought of communism is quite appealing.

6 Likes

Is there a new series of that? I watched the first season. Decent enough alright.

There’s a lot of people in the former Eastern Block who long for the return of communism

Just the one series as far as I know. Not aware of a second one coming. Haven’t researched for fear of spoilers. Cracking soundtrack for it too, someone has done a Spotify playlist of it.

I’m big into my communist themed entertainment lately - recently watched the movie The Lives of Others. Thought it was excellent too.

Some nice trainers in it

@Nembo_Kid cc

A bit like the This is England stuff they’re putting a few years’ gap in there so next season is next year I think.

Also have you watched Goodbye Lenin?

Not yet, pal. I’ll add it to my stellar IMDb watchlist.

Great film.

Finished Deutschland 83. Loved it. Moving on to The Man in the High Castle shortly.

Anyone watched Fleabag?

SS GB coming soon to BBC.

Buckingham Palace in ruins, Houses of Parliament draped in swastikas, Scotland Yard run by the Gestapo.

Whats the difference between that and real life?Is it a documentary?

1 Like

Probably been mentioned already on this thread no doubt but anyone watch Sons of Anarchy? Nearly finished season one but it’s not great to be honest and I’ll probably leave it once season one is out of the way.

One of the main guys looks like Will Ferrell in Zoolander.

I’ve been watching the original Danish ‘The Killing’. Never seen it before because we stupidly watched the American remake when it came out, it’s excellent but a bit of a stretch in plausibility, 20 hours is a long time to spend on the one case, about three to go I think.
I preferred season 1 of the Bridge.

Both The Bridge and The Killing are excellent. You should also watch Borgen, a Danish political drama.

Love those Scandinavian shows. Tak :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Trailer didn’t float my boat

It’s excellent but it is tough going. The subtitles means you need to really concentrate. Is it the same story as first series of US one?