Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

He’s an awful cunt. Shouldn’t be let near a group that age.

2 Likes

I enjoyed season 1. I’m about 4 episodes into season 2. Probably not as good but still reasonably entertaining. Coach is a angry fucker alright. It’s funny though, the subtitles are essential. I don’t understand a word most of them are saying.

1 Like

cc @Turenne @glasagusban

Watched a couple of episodes of Manhunt: Unabomber last night. Drama based around the FBI hunt for the Unabomber made by Discovery.

Nothing spectacular but each episode is only 40 minutes long and ticks along at a decent pace with some decent factual stuff thrown in.

1 Like

October 27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

1 Like

Ozark really is impossible white man bullshit. Utterly ludicrous in every way.

Catch yourself on homie ffs . Did you ever hear such bolloxology

Agree Ozark is overrated alright. Entertaining but bubblegum for the eyes

It’s good…not outstanding but decent enough.

If it was a load of rappers you’d be screaming about it ffs. It is what it is, a tv show.

Let’s be honest, they wouldn’t make this show with a lead that is anyone other than a well educated middle class white male.

White middle class males writing a completely preposterous show where the white male middle class lead is outwitting a Mexican cartel, the black/gay FBI agents and the lower class ruralites. Pure white male fantasy. Of course the wife is the least sympathetic character on the show. Don’t get me started on the shite writing or paper thin characterisation.

Are TV shows exempt from criticism mate?

Yes.

Watched 3 episodes so far. Like so far, it’s enjoyable but not without fault. I know he directs it but casting of Bateman is wrong imo. Maybe I’m just too used to him in comedies. Can’t stand Laura Linney either. Plot seems ludicrous enough but intriguing. Plot of Breaking Bad isn’t exactly rock solid but that didn’t take away from that show.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Would you be happy if the accountant was black? Is that what’s upsetting you?

2 Likes

What a fucking knob.

Mos def writes music from a black man centric perspective. Some of it is experienced based some of it is fantasy.

Is that a fucking problem?

Sterotyping of black leads would be the conplaint then Ffs :joy:

Unreal

Gets better and better.

Like the Dubs.

You’ve completely missed the point mate. They would never make this programme with a black lead/mixed race family. How would that fit into the ‘white middle class male as ubermunsch’ narrative that the writers are pushing? The show is nothing more than white male fantisism.

You’ve missed the point. If they made it with a black lead you would be giving out that of course you couldn’t have a black accountant who wasnt crooked :joy: