Twitter (Part 1)

5 Likes
1 Like

I’m with Graham on this one. Very moving stuff

5 Likes

That was class, although I doubt they’d be able to cover the hay wrap tune.

1 Like

Daddy can I go up on the trailer?
I swear ta god I’ll be careful.

The sawdoctors had some cracking lyrics. They could hand it up to you anyway. From Red Cortina to Hope You’ll Meet Again, to Useta Love Her to N17.

Outstanding lyricists

5 Likes

I heard the song thousands of times but never really listened to it. Fair play to everyone involved.

The last verse is great.

Now as I tumble down highways
Or filthy overcrowded trains
There’s no one to talk to in transit
So I sit there and daydream in vain
And behind all these muddled up problems
Of living on a foreign soil
I can still see the twists and turns on the road
From the square to the town of the tribes

21 Likes

Lovely,
Red Cortina is a beautiful song that brings to mind school day memories
The song ‘I hope you’ll meet again’ is extraordinarily beautiful, about Leo’s mum losing a son

When you played against a gale force wind
And it changes at half time

On for the days we are living through

1 Like

I had a German lady teaching me French. I had to record my oral project on a cassette tape and the only recordable tape I owned had the sawdoctors on side a. I recorded my spiel on side b and noted prominently in black ink that my work was on side b.

The teacher played side a, which opened with “I useta love her” and wasn’t impressed with me nor Davy Carton who doubtless she’d never heard of.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Deadly. The first cunt to respond to Norton was hateful. Pointlessly so. All that’s bad about Twitter.

Saw Doctors are class. To Win Just Once is a wonderful tune.

I can’t wait till @Lazarus gets them into his joint in the summer for the TFK summer jamboree.

There be no masks or €9 yogurts only hints hints hints.

Get under the bed to fuck.

12 Likes

It wouldn’t be their firsht time

3 Likes

Only ever saw the Sawdoctors live at one of Leopardstown racing nights. Great times

Saw the saw doctors at oxegen in 2011 iirc. Mid afternoon was mighty craic. They were great

1 Like

About to watch Death to 2020 starring Samuel L Jackson and Lisa Kudrow. I have high hopes here

Prepare to be disappointed

10/10 :clap: :clap: Its just like the producers were reading TFK all year