Twitter (Part 1)

Seamus Coleman and David Meyler are playing FIFA against each other at the moment. I know this because of twitter.

I think Iā€™m going to have to unfollow Judd Trump - 5 days of boring posts about his new car. :blink:

Is this really Duffer? Couldnt have imagined him being bothered enough to tweet http://twitter.com/#!/DamienDuff16

http://twitter.com/#!/martyvision

Sorry I havenā€™t been posting much on TFK over the last 10 minutes or - just been busy chatting to David Meyler on Twitter.

Controversial choice of manager :lol:

Paul McGrath has arrived on Twitter. :clap:

And heā€™s going to see Cry Before Dawn in Wexford Opera House tonight. :clap:

Poor Marty doesnā€™t know what decade it isā€¦

martyvision Marty Whelan
Hi folks and welcome to the 2001 Eurovision Final. There is an incredible buzz here in the sold out Duesseldorf Arena.

[b]By Thom Gibbs

Thursday May 19 2011[/b]

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney told a Twitter follower ā€œIā€™ll put u asleep within 10 secondsā€ after being provoked on the social networking site.

Rooney, who is new to Twitter but already has more than half a million followers, was abused by the Twitter account sam_oldham_LFC on Tuesday night, who called the England striker a ā€œfat whoreā€ and threatened to ā€œsmash ya head in with a pitchin wedge.ā€

Rooney responded by inviting the Liverpool fan to Manchester Unitedā€™s training ground, writing: ā€œyou know where I train every day kid come and do it good luck.ā€

After another reply from the fan, Rooney replied: ā€œcool bring ur sandwedge girlā€

Rooney then tweeted ā€œIā€™ll put u asleep within 10 seconds u little girl. Donā€™t say stuff and not follow up on it. Iā€™ll be waitingā€.

Unfortunately, the striker made the common error of addressing that tweet to himself, but then expanded on his message and addressed it to intended recipient, saying: ā€œI will put u asleep within 10 seconds hope u turn up if u donā€™t gonna tell everyone ur scared u little nit. Iā€™ll be waiting.ā€

Later, Rooney attempted to play down the situation, posting the message: ā€œHa ha bit of banter and people go nuts chill all people.ā€

The account sam_oldham_LFC has now been deleted. Rooneyā€™s spokesman said: ā€œAs is made clear in the tweets, this whole exchange is banter. There is no suggestion, nor is there any intention of a suggestion, of a real fight.ā€

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00897/rooney_twitter_897884t.jpg

Apologies to any of you that were upset by my twitter row with Newstalkā€™s Ken Early.

I love Paul McGrath but I wish heā€™d stop giving in to these cocks that ask him for an RT.

Indeed. I may have to unfollow him because of it.

Joey Barton has been good value since joining last week.

Heā€™s been pretty good alright, Piers Morgan has been trying his best to rise him but Barton has batted him out of the park on each occasion.

Joey Barton is on 75K a week. What a legend that man is :clap:

More on Twitter about the next batch of super injunctions.

Some of them relate to disturbing stuff and others relate to footballers having affairs.

Check out the user:

Sue Mae @Legal_AIDS

to read more.

Theyā€™re hilarious. Itā€™s gas reading the stuff as cold, stark facts rather than the shite the tabloids have to weave around it. :smiley:

Nice to see Badage and Newstalkā€™s Ken Early are back on speaking terms.

Surprised Michael Owen didnā€™t write back to Bandage. Twitter is fairly fucking weird. An ego trip for millions of cunts.

I said this earlier:

More bitterness from @richiesadlier today. At least he only has 3 months to wait for a potential qualification damaging result. Clown.

Richie has kindly retweeted it on his page so Iā€™m picking up a few followers today. Thanks to Richie - no mark that he is. :clap:

I set up an account on this a while back and finally started following a few people last week.
I followed Robbie Savage for about a day, but he was just non stop tweeting rubbish that I couldnā€™t make head nor tail of so he is now ā€œunfollowedā€.
Iā€™m following that Ger Gilroy fella too but he is irking me too with his constant tweets.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

What is it youā€™re looking to get out of your Twitter experience Runt? I can give you the ID of the Cavan U21 keeper if you like, a must follow on twitter.

Failing that thereā€™s the usual grouping of sportspeople or just general Irish folk. The likes of Savage are bullshit artists and youā€™d really want to care about their inane lives if you were to try and follow the abuse between the likes of him Piers Morgan, Rio Ferdinand and the Neville brothers. I dont really follow any of these characters as they just clog up your timeline, I prefer to use it as a newsfeed of sorts and few other bits and bobs.