Twitter (Part 1)

Bob, are you pals with Jamie Wall from college days? He came roaring in to support us against the gaeilge bots.

1 Like

Where was that pal? I follow Jamie and can see no sign of any comments on the matter. Ye have poor old soup james hopping up and down like sausages in a pan

Jamie was a beginning when I was endingā€¦ Know him alright.

He just ā€œlikedā€ a load of tweets of ours. Poor freelance GGA journalist Coilin Duffy has joined the party late on the other side but I think this high jinks to and fro has run its course. Bob & I will pick a new battle in the next day or two.

2 Likes

And Duignanā€™s back in just as weā€™d our bags packed and were ready to check out. Your move, Bob.

CC @anon61956325

Mr. Duffy claims TG4 ā€œhavenā€™t been covering the League for 20 yearsā€ and that RTE ā€œhad league coverageā€ before TG4.

What year did TG4 begin covering the leagues live? I have a feeling it was 2000 but am open to correction on this - Iā€™m sure I recall watching a Limerick v Clare NHL tie that year from some windswept boghole of pitch in which Brian Begley scored at least one, possibly two goals.

In fact Iā€™ve just checked it on Wikipedia and Iā€™m correct that such a match took place.

So this would be this would their 19th season of coverage, which I guess would mean heā€™s technically right but heā€™s very much splitting hairs on this.

As regards RTEā€™s supposed previous ā€œleague coverageā€, I believe heā€™s referring to a couple of token attempts they made at covering NFL/NHL finals live in 1999/2000. I donā€™t believe they ever broadcast any other league matches live apart from this and am sure TG4 took over live coverage of the finals from 2001.

This argument doesnā€™t want or need your facts, mate.

2 Likes

Forehead guy would be a great addition around here

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hurtful to me.

Donā€™t worry mate, my twitter feed is very boring too but it obviously doesnā€™t reflect my persona on other platforms

4 Likes

That game took place in Miltown Malbay. It was the beginning of transforming Begley from full-back, where heā€™d played in the previous yearā€™s championship, to the towering colossus he could have become at full-forward if he wasnā€™t always injured.

2000 was the year alright.

I still see the chance v Tyrone in 2000 final in Mullingar . Hit the fucking crossbar. If it went in who knows .

I was at that game. Begley took on the red helmet some 40 yards out and got in for a goal. That was a collectors piece.

Rough break

1 Like

Tough one alright.

Studies suggest having depression is a risk factor for Parkinsonā€™s.

Ewan leads a full life.
Screw the begrudgers

1 Like

Full on Partridge there

7 Likes

I wonder did he ever get his Paddy Power account sorted

Needless to say, Ewan had the last laugh