Twitter (Part 1)

Poacher is the carlow coach.
Your typical mouthy nordie.
He tried to call Parkinson out today on his comments re: Ulster football. He then made comments about “Wooly” making money off hosting events in Ulster.and basically drawing his wage off the back of GAA.
Another lad chimed in querying Poacher about why he was driving to Carlow to train them… there was a bit more back and forth but the tweets seem to have been deleted. The nordie was sent home with his tae in his mug.

2 Likes

Self promoted northies

Joe Brolly took Poacher apart a few weeks back, let me look to see can I find it

1 Like

I’m sure Carlow are happy with what’s he brought, big contender for the Down job.

Marty Clarke raves about him.

1 Like

Nothing about either of those posts makes me feel like I should withdraw the ‘no mark’ response

@Mac

The end of the article is a thing of beauty

The problem was neatly summed up in a tweet last week from Steven Poacher, who has built quite a reputation for himself on the coaching circuit since he coached Carlow to a 0-19 to 0-7 defeat against Dublin in last year’s Leinster championship by deploying the rarely seen 1-14-0 formation. Stevie presented it as a triumph, in the manner of Arlene Foster the morning after Theresa May went ahead and did the soft border deal without consulting her. In the modern GAA, a 12-point defeat seems to be fine so long as you deploy a system that sounds scientific and uses plenty of buzz words/business gobbledegook that no one really understands. So without further ado, here is Steven’s tweet, word for word:

Looking forward to delivering a pitch session based on ‘Developing Offensive Transition Play’ this Saturday at 11.30am in the Skerries Harps club. Here are the list of games I will be presenting:

- Triple Transition Scoring Game

- Multiple Re-Start Transition Game

- Drop Down and Drive Transition Game

- Kick and Transition Game

- Run it or Kick it Transition Game

- Blast off Transition Game."

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Steven Poacher everyone

You are right. I only took notice of the prick afte4 his antics on the sideline when Limerick played them in the league

Brolly hasn’t a clue. He was talking Kerry up for the All Ireland a few weeks back.

his sideline carry on is disgraceful. You’d be embarrassed to have any dealings with him as a player, no matter what positives he may or may not bring.

A prick of a mentor that was foisted upon me start e-mailing me and bringing Poacher’s Irish News articles to training and suggested we should do some of the drills. I said fire away if you want to take a few sessions based on them. “Oh I couldn’t do that - that’d be for you to do”

Good luck.

2 Likes

The brazilian correspondent is calling out shane ross for his shameless hockey stunt yday. Somehow its ended up with rugby getting hammered again :man_shrugging:

Does anyone make money from twitter or does the level of engagement he provides just drive his profile? His stamina for debate on there is limitless

1 Like

Sure there’s lads here do it anonymously for enjoyment

4 Likes

Latter I’d say, fair contrary alright. Lot of those journos settling personal scores, often v each other, drove a lot of the comment around TH’s sentence last year and media reaction / online comment on it. Allegedly…

1 Like

It allows him to feed some lazy radio editors who’ll trawl Twitter looking to bring someone on to offer an opinion on something to fill 5 or 10 mins.

2 Likes

I saw the clip of it on the news last night. A horribly sneaky statement from Ross.
Talks about hockey, announces that in light of their achievements he is allocating another few million in funding, followed by gasps and shrieks from the hockey girls, before he throws in “of which hockey will get a portion” :smile:

1 Like

I see John Fogarty absolutely BURNED some Limerick fella on the twitter over the past 24 hours.

4 Likes

You’d nearly automatically assume that anyone who wears glasses with string hanging off them so they wouldnt fall off your head that they would be wise or have some level of intellect but clearly not in this case.

The guy blowing on about intelligence and he couldn’t even reply to the tweet properly :joy:

1 Like

Ne’er a peep out of yer man after it all the same. An almighty slapdown.

He’s very tanned/dark for a limerick man all the same