U-21 Hurling 2018

I think ye were missing 3. Hennessey at wing back also out injured.

Someone had to stop them

Was it Dalton that struck 3 different Limerick players? Could be the end of Rory’s refereeing career

Think Derry won Ulster, mate.

Does he play for Galway as well?

1 Like

Congrats Limerick. Sounds like the Cork lads put it up to them at least.

Twice done for 3 catches .

@carryharry making a show of himself again where he commentates what he wants to happen in a game rather than what actually happens.

4 Likes

It wasn’t a great performance by any means, in fact I would say that we were poor, but it’s nice to get the win all the same. Good buzz about the place after despite not playing anywhere near to the potential.

I did think we were the better team, and I thought Cian Lynch was well-deserving of Man of the Match, he was the only forward that really made it stick.

Struggled for scores big-time in the second half and the sweeper made it really difficult for us. Didn’t look like we knew how to win it. Hit some bad wides too, and lots of bad decisions. A lot of the bigger names underperformed. Would be getting Barry Murphy back into the starting team, think he’s much better for facilitating the others and made a big impact when he came on.

Cork are a decent side, but while their sweeper throttled us, it also killed them; they hit some amount of aimless ball on top of Kyle in the first half and really struggled for scores throughout. Even when Collins was booming puckouts onto the Limerick 21, they didn’t take full advantage and were always chasing it.

Be very hard to say that any Limerick player played particularly well- pretty much all of them made mistakes and can improve but Lynch was probably the best of them. Grimes too did a good job and picked up 2 points aswell. Good player.

1 Like

Unlucky mate he was second in the running I’d say

Colin Ryan, Kyle Hayes, Tom Grimes and Cian Lynch were excellent in fairness, Casey and Hanley did well in spots too and Seán Finn had a few good moments as well

1 Like

Shocking game, Limerick better team. Ref very kind to us, Dalton is pure filth, Limerick walked Munster and played well for about 20 minutes in total over the 3 games. The begrudgers on here can fuck off!

2 Likes

All the same we should have a very strong Cork team next year. We lose only Leopold, Browne and O’Donoghue from the starting 15 plus Meade plus a few from the bench. Throw in the missing lads like Dunne, Fitzgibbon and Hennessy and a couple of the Minors like O’Leary-Hayes and Downey and we should push hard for a Munster title.

Ye can have it, we’re sick of winning them mate

He plays as a corner back these days i think

Burke and Molloy are both overage.

When is the semi final?

19th August. Ennis would be the sensible venue.

The final Will be in cork regardless of who’s in it?

Bollox i think I’ve a wedding that weekend