U-21 Hurling 2018

Too many Ryans in east Limerick. Its a local custom to add another name (sometimes a fathers/ grandfathers christian name) to distinguish them from one another. The Ryan part of the name is dropped by locals and cunts that want everyone else to know they know these guys better. (i also call them by their adopted name even though I wouldn’t know one from the other).
Historically when every one was Pat/Mick there were far less complimentary names added. Surely this would be a wonderful topic for a PhD for some or the better known posters on here.

2 Likes

There was a bit of it in the Limerick team last night also. Along with the fist pumping we seem to be picking up a few habits from the Deise cc @Fagan_ODowd

Nash scored two points. He got Limerick’s only score from play in the second half.

Nothing particularly dirty? A two handed pull on the arm the keeper was carrying the ball with. This is like when Paudie O’Sullivan ‘didn’t mean’ for his block to slap down on Joe Canning’s wrists. ‘Not that sort of player’ etc.

TDB is going to miss a much bigger game for what is genuinely a meaningless infraction. Fitzgibbon’s incident was a strike with no attempt to play the ball. He should have got six months.

In East Limerick alone I am familiar with the following Ryans:

Ryan Malachy
Ryan Bug
Ryan Bob
Ryan Rua
Ryan Metals
Ryan Simon
Ryan Joiner
Ryan Tanner
Ryan Gas
Ryan Bawn

1 Like

That’s A list of lads that togged for pallasgreens under 21 football team in 97.

1 Like

I call him Malachy, because that’s what all the Pallasgreen folk call him. We played them a few years ago, I think he was still minor at the time and he was particularly impressive, cleaning up in the air. The Pallasgreen lot love him, it was all Malachy this and Malachy that.

As far as I’m concerned that’s his name.

1 Like

Yes. The earlier comment was a synopsis of his first half display which I was responding to.

Ryan Banbh ( as in young piglet) is a favorite of mine. I haven’t heard it in years though.

I call him Colin Ryan because then people know who I’m talking about when I’m chatting about hurling with somebody from outside his townland.

They think it’s cool

Does it help to prevent inbreeding?

Agree 100%.

Has bulked up but lost power and pace in the process. Never seems to be able to break free of the tackle now.

He put in a huge shift last night all the same. It’s all about senior but two Munster minor medals and two Munster U-21 medals is a decent haul.

Christ these Clare fuckers are absolutely seething. :rofl:

And yet, it isn’t.

1 Like

Wait until he gets a run with the seniors next year and Marty gets hold of it. It will be “malachy this, malachy fucking that”!

Marty won’t commentate on him next year . The league defeat to Galway will be on Tg4 next year . The subsequent league quarter final defeat to Tipp will be deferred on TG 4 .

The Munster Q/f defeat to Waterford will be on sky .

Marty won’t be doing the highlights of Limerick’s win by 2 point v Carlow in Dr Cullen park .

The qualifier defeat to Dublin will be again on Sky .

Marty might mention Malachy in 2019.

1 Like

Or

— THIS TEXT HAS BEEN DELETED BY THE MODERATING TEAM

@carryharry will be on telling us the committee are a disgrace now next :rollseyes:

Link? He should be banned from reffing if true