UEFA Champions League 2018/2019 Round of 16

Dzeko looked like he had a great game on the highlights there.

1 Like

My no life friend I have shaken hands with some of the most prominent Republicans of the last 50 years, now put on your little cowboy hat and go play with with your cap gun.

Shaken hands?

Is that meant to impress me?

1 Like

Be careful mate. Theyā€™ll be trawling back through podcasts for the next two weeks to find you

2 Likes

Inter under Jose. Man united the only English to do it in the modern era. 99 and 08.

99 isnā€™t the modern era.

PSG getting loads of credit from pundits and them saying they look like serious contenders. Will hold judgement until they face a proper team. Donā€™t remember hearing them say this about Seville last year.

Manchester United didnā€™t do ā€œitā€ in 1999.

ā€œItā€ being winning the league for two years in a row, and the European Cup in the second year.

For me the modern era of the champions league is from 93 onwards.

careful I got called a wanker for putting it in ā€œā€ while ago

Mbappe will be a serious addition to Liverpoolā€™s squad next year

They won the league in 99 though. Liverpool didnā€™t win the league in 03/04 or 04/05

I always thought an ā€œitā€ wanker had a very specific meaning.

Jaysus Paul Ince is a mess of a pundit.

1 Like

Iā€™m one of those as well

Have many teams done the treble?

Glasgow Celtic 1966-67, PSV Eindhoven 1987-88, Man U 1998-98, Internazionale 2009-10 and Bayern Munich 2012-13 have all done it. Think Barcelona did it over the last decade as well.

only champions were allowed in '93.

Iā€™m not quite sure of the year of expansion to runners up, '96 maybe

Barca done it twice. Once under luis Enrique and once under pep.

1993 saw the introduction of groups for good I thought.

Newcastle in 1996/97 were the first English team to get into the following seasonā€™s European Cup as a second placed team.

They beat Dynamo Zagreb (I think) with a last minute goal in the prelimnary round and then beat fellow second-placed entrants Barcelona 3-2 (they led 3-0) with a hat-trick from Faustino Asprilla.

2 Likes