UEFA Nations League - Republic of Ireland vs Denmark - Republic of Ireland vs Wales

There’s a game on tonight right?

Anyway, teams in

Most teams playing three at the back have someone who can distribute the ball and launch attacks. We have Keogh, Duffy and Long. :eek:

Christie in midfield again by the looks of things and probably a good old fashioned 3-5-2 with Doherty and McClean on the wings.

I reckon we’ll win tonight though.

Signing in for first game of the campaign… Can someone explain how this thing works… Does the whole campaign consist of Ireland playing Wales and Denmark twice?

Fuck sake Cyrus!!!

James McClean made that chance, what a fucking tremendous pest he is

Jeff needs to grow the hair back

Is there a trophy for finishing top of the Eire, Wales and Denmark group?

The Calcutta Shield

Jimmy Mc :clap:

And now Kevin Long, we’re timbering these taffy cunts

We’re in one of the 4 leagues in Group B and the bottom team after the 4 games gets relegated to Group C for the next campaign.

The top team gets promoted to Group A, but not only that! They qualify for the Group B league semi-finals with the other three winners in that section. The ultimate winner of the knock out phase in Group B gets an automatic place in the next Euros.

Similarly, the overall winners of Group A, C and D get a slot in the Euros. Apart from these 4 spots, the other 20 places in the Euros will be earned via the normal qualification route. The draw for that campaign will take place in The Convention Centre Dublin soon.

The potential place in the Euros for the Group D minnow competitors is the real carrot in this competition.

2 Likes

Ireland barely have a technically adept player never mind a ball playing centre half.

I believe Ireland went down tamely enough to Bosnia and Herzegovina last night.

They’re playing Wales right now.

“You’re just a shit Northern Ireland”, chant the Welsh fans.

“What’s it like to have a queen?”, comes the riposte from the Irish support.

Terrace banter. How I chortled.

Robinson very quiet after a decent cameo against Denmark.

Shit town in England was mentioned also.

Nasty from the Tottenham scumbag there.

They play teams today then singles tomorrow with each point counting double. There’s keepie ups in the event of a draw.(notwithstanding goal difference).

1 Like

:joy:

By god.

Though, If I remember correctly it was introduced largely to do away with a lot of pointless friendlies? In that regard it’s not a bad idea but that’s some load of fannying about. No wonder a lot of fans are turning their backs on the once beautiful game.