Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Galway have won nothing yet.

The many many orange halls of limerick will be hopping tonight

Bonfire out in Adare.

1 Like

There are no Orange halls in Limerick.

You’re delirious in celebration.

Prince Louis Arthur Charles Windsor.

That’s a great name. What do you think @Tassotti , @flattythehurdler , @Fitzy ?

Prince Louis Arthur Charles Windsor of house Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

Fantastic

My cup overfloweth.

2 Likes

Why are you tagging me in a discussion on what name some inbred german cunt should be called?

Because he is fifth in line to the throne of Australia.

1 Like

I thought the British were cracking down on families on welfare churning out loads of kids?

4 Likes

Don’t know where you’re getting that. By my reckoning that would be Eddie Betts.

Is right now the time for ballsy lads earning euros to move to England?

No
As an aside, I’ve just managed to retrieve my motorbike via a “finders fee” to a scrote of 200, and a 150 thankyou to the lads who actually retrieved it. Plus damages.
Delighted though.
:+1:

9 Likes

Also, Imo, it’s got a lot further to fall.

Dod some fucker contact you to get it back?

Sort of. There’s a bike training place which I used. A couple of the instructors are Wythenshawe lads. I asked there, said I’d pay a reward, and they put it on Facebook as they said all the thieves would both on their Facebook. Had a call from them this morning.
I’m looking on it as a positive.
I’ll be less sanguine when I hand over the cash I suspect, but it’s back on my drive now.

Why do you think it has a lot further to fall? GBP has been one of the best performing currencies of the past 12 months. It took a hammering against USD this week from 1.42+ to 1.378 due to underwhelming GDP data and revised inflation targets. As the economy has performed well since the Brexit announcement amd initial dive, the fx rate has risen. The biggest factor amongst many that drives fx rates are central bank rates and bond rates, this determines the inflows and outflows of currency purchases to an economy. After that it is political stability, then economic growth etc. US fed (1.5%) are much further along in the tightening cycle than the ECB (0%) and BOE (0.5%) and are planning 4 increases this year which is priced in in the current rates. When BOE begins normalising rates and it has to, GBP will rise again. I am assuming a soft Brexit and GDP targets will be met. GBP is undervalued and heading for 1.45 at year end. Unless there is an economic catastrophe, sterling and euro are heading north long term. A lot of uninformed bashing goes on here.

Everything is against the UK economy. You have weak, venal and divided parties both leading and in opposition. An archaic fptp electoral system in a country led by the media oligarchy, and a stupid, venal, racist, inward looking, self-entitled bunch of farah slack wearing baby boomer plebs who vote out of naked self interest, in the face of whom the govt is paralysed by fear. You have the fin techs leaving, with a gradual haemorrhage of the banks to follow. A nation wallowing in debt. A nation of shopkeepers which has lost the ability to manufacture, and has reared a self entitled swathe of fat, loud mouthed oafs who wouldn’t work in manufacturing anyway, preferring to protest in misspelt monosyllables about a dying baby they’ve never met. You have a country hijacked by an isolationist pack of navel gazing Neanderthals, stuck on a dank island in the middle of nowhere, burning friends and allies, when that country can neither feed nor warm itself. You have a generational crisis, with tuition fees , or anger about them, building a head of steam. A country dictated to by an elderly population who insist on borrowing off the backs of their grandchildren to keep themselves looked after by the very minimum wage slaves that they want to banish, the same bunch who refuse to sell the homes their grandchildren could never afford yet insist they are sheltered fed and treated by those same grandchildren.
The UK is fucked and fucked utterly. The only hope Scotland has is to leave, but they won’t as they are cowardly, greedy opportunists; for the North to be cut loose and left to the mercies of Europe. For Wales to be cut adrift in their heavily backed brexity heaven, which they can pay for for themselves for once, and for England
I’ll finish tomorrow. I’m tired

21 Likes