Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

I’m not having a go mate but most of the stuff you have listed there is not going to affect the exchange rate negatively or at all. A worse place to live maybe but sterling is going north over the next 12 months.

Beautiful post

Mate, it’s hyperbole verging on unhinged drama queen. If the UK is fucked you should pray for Spain, Portugal, Greece and your beloved Italy because they are in a far worse position economically. Don’t know why I’m bothering here, you’ll just do your usual play to the gallery anti-UK bias and destroy me with a classic oneliner.

2 Likes

:grinning:

6 Likes

Ah that’s a lovely rant. Eloquent, informative, funny and bitter all in one neat package. Bravo.

I think over 12 months it might rise or stay steady. Over 10 years though, if Brexit goes through, it’s hard not to see Sterling being whittled away.

That’s a belter!

Have you thought about making this into a musical?

Was that rant about the Limerick co board ?

Most of the stuff he has listed here? You mean the post he managed to write himself, full of original thought, full of intelligence, a soupcon of disappointment, a large dollop of anger.
Instead of the cut and paste shite you post.

just said on the radio that recruitment has gone off a cliff in britland

Come on man.

You can’t underestimate the UK’s ability to shoot itself in the head at any moment. More important again is the new foreign perception that it can be rash and self- destructive out of the blue. That’s a game changer.

Not saying Ireland’s great but we’re seen as more steady.

There was a 300 billion negative swing in FDI into the UK last year. 2016 was bolstered by a couple of mega mergers. Interesting as I know of so many companies buying into the UK market to try and hedge against Brexit.

Nothing I wrote is cut and paste. He has written emotional guff about little englanders and the woe is me brigade. The UK economy is doing fine mate, London is one of the leading financial services in the world and will continue to be. Just because you and a few others hate the Brits like 12 year olds, doesn’t mean their currency will collapse. The EU still have the PIGS banking and fiscal problems to resolve. Refute the points I raised, not more emotive nonesense. You can’t because you haven’t got a clue about this stuff. Why did the Aussie dollar take a hammering this week? Is it a laundry list like flattys? Google might help a little here.

1 Like

2 Likes

The owl & @Mac are ones for the lookalikes thread.

2 Likes

Same hoot-er

3 Likes

The old ones are the best

1 Like

It will turn into a lost decade. Overall Ireland will get very little out of it except the odd relocating company and less competition for investment.

Also the fact that the Irish economy will grow strongly for the next 2-3 years will severely chasten any remaining West Brits. How many years of this before Irish wages per person passes out British? That would be a sign that the situation has become unbalance and a crash is due.

If you excluded London and dublin from measure of national average wage would be interesting to see our avg wage vs Britain