Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Is this you @Tim_Riggins?

Much like the poll from today that shows 70% of Leave voters are happy with a recession if it means the UK leaves the EU, you just have to ask wtf.

2 Likes

Well, he’s crediting her for his brexit fanaticism. Make of that what you will.

She cheated with him while he was with his first wife so tough shit.

1 Like

I’d say they are a well matched pair of uuc’s

1 Like

/original/3X/7/9/79c1974f1487bb11dcf788abcc04983cce50068f.MP4

2 Likes

How unsurprising that Tory MEPs would support a far right authoritarian, racist, anti-semitic thug who is trying to destroy the independence of Hungary’s judiciary and press.

In so many ways Viktor Orban is what they aspire to be.

1 Like

He is an utter cunt.

1 Like

Ideal match for the tories then.

Amazing how the Tories’ actual support for a racist anti-semite isn’t getting more coverage.

Really, really amazing, or, should I say, totally and utterly predictable.

One wonders what the reacton would be if, say, Labour MEPs had supprted the scumbag Viktor Orban.

Different standards for different people, because so many of those who were supposedly outraged over Labour’s “anti-semitism crisis” don’t actually give a shit about anti-semitism at all.

That’s some real nice company the Tories are keeping.

Tory MEPs were whipped to oppose action against Viktor Orbán’s self-described “illiberal democracy”, which has waged an anti-Semitic campaign against George Soros and strangled Hungary’s free press, with only two out of 19 Conservatives refusing to do so. This puts Theresa May’s party in the same company as the far-right Sweden Democrats (a party with neo-Nazi roots), Marine Le Pen’s National Rally, Italy’s League, and Poland’s anti-Semitic Law and Justice Party.

But the surprise is that anyone should be surprised. For nearly a decade, largely unreported by the media, the Conservatives have unashamedly aligned themselves with Europe’s far-right.

The roots of this dark alliance were laid under the supposedly liberal David Cameron. During his 2005 Tory leadership campaign, in order to woo anti-EU members away from Liam Fox, Cameron vowed to withdraw the Conservatives from the mainstream European People’s Party (the parliamentary grouping that includes the German Christian Democrats and other leading cente-right parties).

In 2009, a new caucus, the European Conservatives and Reformists, was duly formed. But in order to meet the parliamentary threshold, the Tories aligned themselves with rum company, including Latvia’s ethnonationalist National Alliance (“For Fatherland and Freedom”) and Poland’s far-right Law and Justice Party (whose leader Michal Kaminski was a former member of the neo-Nazi National Revival of Poland). The latter alliance was denounced by Jewish leaders in the New Statesman , one of whom warned: “Any politician of any political party should have the moral courage to clearly distance themselves from those who espouse and promote anti-Semitism, racism or any attitude that fosters intolerance”.

But the Tories were undeterred. In 2014, the far-right Danish People’s Party (a spokesman for whom once likened the Muslim headscarf to the swastika) and the ultra-nationalist True Finns were added to the grouping.

1 Like

I saw that earlier. Pisstake no?

I assume :grin:

There was no outbreaks in ni as far as i remember

The odd outbreak of violence maybe

Arlene?

Who still takes this clown’s act seriously?

2 Likes

Not very many anymore. He was fairly openly derided on the review of the papers last night.