Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Michael Fallen

Reshuffle on the way. It would have been an opportunity for May to take out some trash but she’s too weak.

Indeed. I don’t know if weak is the word. She’d stick you in the back and leave you out for the dogs if you got in the way of her overwhelming ambition. Unfortunately, her overwhelming ambition was, and is, simply to be PM. She doesn’t actually care what she does as pm, just wants to be it.
End Kenny was a lot more likeable, but was similar in ambition I always thought. Once he was taoiseach, he just enjoyed the trappings.

1 Like

May being humiliated yet again with this Patel-Israel thing. It’s a testament to the ability of politicians to delude themselves that she thinks she can turn it all around. While she may have missed the optimal resignation window it’s still the best way to land the rest of the scheming cunts in the shit.

An utter shambles.

They are goosed. Their great big hope was an independent trade deal with the US post Brexit. The US said they hoped it would take less than ten years and all the Brits would have to get used to the taste of chlorine on their chicken :grinning:

2 Likes

Lifelong mediocre politicians, suddenly in the hot seat and all too aware that it’s due to circumstance. What was Enda Kenny’s most important brief before he became Taoiseach? Minister for Tourism?

You’d say one thing if May had a real vision for change and was being torn down by entrenched interests who wanted things to stay as they are. But she doesn’t even have the outlines of one. It’s not just that she isn’t strong enough to bring the party with her, it’s that she has nowhere to bring them to.

4 Likes

Could somebody provide a few bullet points to explain the Patel-Israel and Johnson-Iran things? I’ve competing commitments this week and can’t allocate time for my own reading on this matter.

She’s bringing them over the cliff. It’s the only place left

1 Like

Enda will be judged positively by history.

May & Cameron will go down as the worst pm’s for Britain alongside that other idiot Eden. They share bad timing and bad judgement.

Well the Patel Israel thing is bizarre. She went on “holiday” to Israel and while there met a load of Israeli officials in unsanctioned meetings, which she isn’t allowed do. Then lied about the content of the meetings, then lied about how many meetings, then it seems the Government lied about how much they knew about them.
While there she was accompanied by Lord Polak who is involved in the “Conservative friends of Israel” which is basically a conservative lobby group that buys votes for Israel with political donations. She is also a member of the group.
She also discussed routing funds to help Syrian civilians through the Israeli army or something mental like that, while she was there.

3 Likes

She sounds like great craic on a holiday

1 Like

Boris was talking in committee last week about this iranian/english lady who was jailed for spying or something. He let slip that she was teaching the locals journalism. Said lady was immediately brought into court (from jail) and now there’s a risk of her sentence being doubled. All along her defence has been that she was only there on holiday visiting her mother.

3 Likes

that Lord Polak sounds like a cover name, was it you @balbec?

1 Like

Cough.

Lord Polak & Pretty Patel.
Sounds like something from a Monty Python sketch

2 Likes

Enda stood quietly on the backs of others, which is no bad thing. The ultimate stroke politician when Ireland needed just that for the fdi.
May simply has not a single redeeming feature

She’s aptly named, so be fair.

One Tory MP got it pretty spot on about Johnson. “Boris is a fucking disgrace and if he had an ounce of integrity - which he doesn’t - he’d have walked immediately.”

As long as she’s holding the wheel, she doesn’t give a fuck where the bus goes.

I had forgotten she was responsible for these ads.