Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Trimble is alive and well.

I don’t actually have a problem with spending money on the Irish language.

It is, however, completely and utterly for culture’s sake that it is spent. There is no need for the Irish language on a practical level.

I have serious issues with the way the money is spent, however. 90 years on and very few people can speak it with any authority.

Dimmy is a fanatically anti-Brexit, fanatical pro-Trumper.

I’m sure there are white supremacist Public Enemy fans too.

It’s not taught properly in schools first and foremost

1 Like

:thinking:

4 Likes

It’s a very difficult language to learn/teach in fairness but I agree it isn’t taught particularly well

The Telegraph is reporting that the EU and UK have reached agreement on the terms of their divorce, 45-55 billion Euros apparently.

That’s a bargain for the Brits. Boris and Davis have silenced the critics there.

2 Likes

edit, billion.

1 Like

Iain Duncan-Smith on C4 News trying to bluff that he knew what was happening in Ireland and how it complicated the country’s stance on Brexit was hilarious.

IDS:“There’s a lot of things going on in Ireland, they’re going to have an election…”

Presenter: “Well no they’re not actually…”

IDS:“They’re having a presidential election…”

1 Like

I’m in duberlin with work. I just had a phone call from my darling wife to inform me that her car was broken into on the driveway last night. The kids new school uniforms were robbed. I asked had they smashed a window. “no, and they even closed the doors and the boot afterwards”
It seemed odd I opined.
“but”, she said, “Im absolutely certain I locked the car. I pressed the button twice to check”

I am not fucking joking here.

2 Likes

Mrs @flattythehurdler will need to up her game if she’s moving to Limerick

1 Like

Yerra, they can break into those fancy new cars using technology now. Happened a guy working with me. They robbed his laptop and gear bag from the boot.

Same happened last year to me. Car left open by herself.
Saw them on the CCTV checking my car and then hers

You can buy pouches on amazon to store car keys in the house to stop use of relay signal things to steal cars using the keyless entry thing

Wrap it in tinfoil

1 Like

Wrapped the spare keys in tinfoil but the pouches are neater for day to day use

I saw a lad trying car doors in the Smithfield area yesterday, around 3 in the afternoon. Couldn’t believe he was just brazenly strolling along pulling at the handles.

1 Like

You get a better class of petty criminal in Dublin.

there is a price to pay for beauty