Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

I was talking to an English fella in work who is based in France, mentioned he thought Dublin was nice the one time he visited. He didn’t realise he could use the same Euros he uses in France and thought he would have needed pounds.

The Brits don’t seem to understand Ireland at all.

2 Likes

Well all the signals coming from Brussels is that they are going nowhere near the protocol again. I just happened to have sky news on there. Boris also walking a tight rope re his oiutf strategy. Questions being asked about that as well

1 Like

What’s the lie of the land now re a referendum in Scotland flatty? It seems to have died a death ftm

It does. I’m not sure. I’m sure there’s plenty swirling under the surface, and they may well be biding their time.

1 Like

Looks that way alright. Am I right in saying that your man salmon got his hole handed to him in the election?

You are

Well that’s good. At least he hasn’t split the snp

1 Like

He opined he was shoring up the independence vote, but his recent political foray was entirely vindictive and some think may have cost the SNP (rather than pro independence parties) an overall majority. There is a pro independence majority in the Scottish parliament, but the SNP missed an SNP overall majority by a seat.

“Shoring up the independence vote” my hole. He went on a personal vendetta against Sturgeon. As regarding the SNP missing an overall majority, I think that’s redeemable. Couple of reasons, the longer Frost and Boris keep trying to overhaul agreements they’ve already signed up for itll eventually work against them.
Secondly the Scots are not sheep like the welsh or the DUP and a vote for independence would more than likely lead to a fastrack reentry into the EU for Scotland thus isolating the north and London

Hopefully correct.

1 Like

The Scotch won’t vote for it and the decision to grant a referendum is taken in Westminster.

I saw his post on a UK forum, reckons paddies are very easy to wind up!

I think you may be wrong regarding the scotch not voting for it. I do realise that Westminster needs to grant permission for a referendum. That being said, Sturgeon was on about ploughing ahead anyway and while any result might technically be illegal, a yes vote would still pile more pressure on Boris

Other than the Euro example there was another person who asked if we were in the same time zone as them and a girl who asked me how things were across the channel.

There seems to be a lot of them trying to wind us up.

Must have been from the half of England who are living in 1945.

1 Like

51.2%

And you answered and informed them earnestly no doubt.

Trap fell.

Oooft!!

The plebs should really have known their place but Labour gave them notions nearly 30 years ago and here we are now.

2 Likes