Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

great to see Nigel Dodds there representing the DUP, and for the first time the Irish ambassador to Great Britain is laying a wreath

all faiths of every description represented, unbelievable inclusiveness, unreal so it is

The Queens Royal lancers passing through now, David Dimblby is the ultimate professiona

unreal, unbelievable, a wonderful story

[SIZE=6]Woman dies after farewell to horse at Wigan hospital

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/78837000/jpg/_78837646_horse1.jpg

[/SIZE]
A cancer patient has died after a final farewell to her favourite horse outside the hospital where she was treated.

Staff at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary in Wigan granted Sheila Marsh’s last wish, by arranging a visit from two of her horses on Monday afternoon.

The hospital said the 77-year-old, unable to speak properly due to illness, “gently called” her favourite horse, who then nuzzled her cheek.

Mrs Marsh, who used to work at Haydock Park Racecourse, died early on Tuesday.

The grandmother from Wigan had six horses, three dogs, three cats and other animals.

But after a farewell visit from one of her dogs last weekend, she told hospital staff of her wish to see her favourite horse Bronwen, who she had looked after for the previous 25 years.

They arranged for Bronwen and another horse to come to the hospital car park, where nurses wheeled Mrs Marsh in her bed.

Infirmary nurse Gail Taylor said: "The horse, Bronwen, walked steadily towards Sheila.

“Sheila gently called to Bronwen and the horse bent down tenderly and kissed her on the cheek as they said their last goodbyes.”
Mrs Marsh’s daughter Tina said: “It was very important for my mum. She was one of the most hard-working people that you could meet and she would do anything for anyone.”

Pauline Law, deputy director of nursing, said staff felt privileged to have been involved.

“This was obviously extremely important to [Mrs Marsh] and her family and we feel privileged to have been able to provide this support at this crucial stage of her care,” she said.

“It is absolutely right that we should pull out all the stops to ensure that our patients and their families receive personalised, compassionate and dignified care at the end of their life and this is what we will always strive to achieve.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29951094

[QUOTE=“Tassotti, post: 1043593, member: 361”]unreal, unbelievable, a wonderful story

[SIZE=6]Woman dies after farewell to horse at Wigan hospital

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/78837000/jpg/_78837646_horse1.jpg
[/SIZE]
A cancer patient has died after a final farewell to her favourite horse outside the hospital where she was treated.

Staff at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary in Wigan granted Sheila Marsh’s last wish, by arranging a visit from two of her horses on Monday afternoon.

The hospital said the 77-year-old, unable to speak properly due to illness, “gently called” her favourite horse, who then nuzzled her cheek.

Mrs Marsh, who used to work at Haydock Park Racecourse, died early on Tuesday.

The grandmother from Wigan had six horses, three dogs, three cats and other animals.

But after a farewell visit from one of her dogs last weekend, she told hospital staff of her wish to see her favourite horse Bronwen, who she had looked after for the previous 25 years.

They arranged for Bronwen and another horse to come to the hospital car park, where nurses wheeled Mrs Marsh in her bed.

Infirmary nurse Gail Taylor said: "The horse, Bronwen, walked steadily towards Sheila.

“Sheila gently called to Bronwen and the horse bent down tenderly and kissed her on the cheek as they said their last goodbyes.”
Mrs Marsh’s daughter Tina said: “It was very important for my mum. She was one of the most hard-working people that you could meet and she would do anything for anyone.”

Pauline Law, deputy director of nursing, said staff felt privileged to have been involved.

“This was obviously extremely important to [Mrs Marsh] and her family and we feel privileged to have been able to provide this support at this crucial stage of her care,” she said.

“It is absolutely right that we should pull out all the stops to ensure that our patients and their families receive personalised, compassionate and dignified care at the end of their life and this is what we will always strive to achieve.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29951094[/QUOTE]
Touching story which really makes you appreciate the special relationship between humans and their horses.

Reminds me of the poignant moment when @thedancingbaby got to gently nuzzle Cabernet Sauvignon’s cheek just before the poor horse had to have his brains blown out after chipping a bone in his hoof.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1043616, member: 183”]Touching story which really makes you appreciate the special relationship between humans and their horses.

Reminds me of the poignant moment when @thedancingbaby got to gently nuzzle Cabernet Sauvignon’s cheek just before the poor horse had to have his brains blown out after chipping a bone in his hoof.[/QUOTE]
:smiley:

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1043616, member: 183”]Touching story which really makes you appreciate the special relationship between humans and their horses.

Reminds me of the poignant moment when @thedancingbaby got to gently nuzzle Cabernet Sauvignon’s cheek just before the poor horse had to have his brains blown out after chipping a bone in his hoof.
[/QUOTE]
I never even got to do that Sid.

The last I saw of him was when he galloped away from the stands with a circuit to go.

I see Mad Frankie Fraser has passed away, another character gone

We’re about to become the 5th biggest economy in the world bypassing the frogs

Sir Winston Churchill’s 50th anniversary is coming up on the 30th January, the greatest leader of the 20th Century, and done a lot for Ireland

1 Like

Prince Charles Windsor and Camilla Parker Bowles

He was an unreal prime minister

some man for the sauce, “All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” I was listening to a documentary on BBC4 today, he went through 500 cases of champagne in the last few years of his life

Bitchslapped by devalera

Him and his buddy Lloyd George drew a line through the country pal.

[QUOTE=“Gary Birtles Lovechild, post: 1078630, member: 2585”]Him and his buddy Lloyd George drew a line through the country pal.[/QUOTE]as I said, great things for Ireland

Were you always such a fan of the UK mate? You seem to have a great passion for them and their heritage, is it a case of having your eye opened up since you went over there or were you always a admirer of the English and its people?

The Sun has Page 3 back today, the anti tits brigade are seething.

THE SUN NEWSPAPER has published a photograph of a topless woman for the first time since last Friday.

It comes after reports that the tabloid may have scrapped the Page 3 feature after 44 years.

The photograph of a topless model this morning has a caption stating:

Further to recent reports in all other media outlets, we would like to clarify that this is Page 3 and this is a picture if Nicole, 22, from Bournemouth.
“We would like to apologise on behalf of the print and broadcast journalists who have spent the last two days talking about it.”

The Times, which has the same publisher as The Sun, reported earlier in the week that the tabloid decided to quietly drop the feature.

While the Guardian reported that it had spoken to “a series of insiders” who said the feature had been dropped.

The campaign group ‘No To Page 3′ posted on its Facebook page this morning, ”Well we’ve always liked a bit of drama at No More Page 3 towers!

Today Page 3 is back in The Sun. While we wait to see if this is just a one-off, we can be in no doubt our campaign is causing quite a stir in The Sun’s offices!

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1078642, member: 180”]The Sun has Page 3 back today, the anti tits brigade are seething.

THE SUN NEWSPAPER has published a photograph of a topless woman for the first time since last Friday.

It comes after reports that the tabloid may have scrapped the Page 3 feature after 44 years.

The photograph of a topless model this morning has a caption stating:

Further to recent reports in all other media outlets, we would like to clarify that this is Page 3 and this is a picture if Nicole, 22, from Bournemouth.
“We would like to apologise on behalf of the print and broadcast journalists who have spent the last two days talking about it.”

The Times, which has the same publisher as The Sun, reported earlier in the week that the tabloid decided to quietly drop the feature.

While the Guardian reported that it had spoken to “a series of insiders” who said the feature had been dropped.

The campaign group ‘No To Page 3′ posted on its Facebook page this morning, ”Well we’ve always liked a bit of drama at No More Page 3 towers!

Today Page 3 is back in The Sun. While we wait to see if this is just a one-off, we can be in no doubt our campaign is causing quite a stir in The Sun’s offices![/QUOTE]

Now that is a mugging off

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1078640, member: 180”]Were you always such a fan of the UK mate? You seem to have a great passion for them and their heritage, is it a case of having your eye opened up since you went over there or were you always a admirer of the English and its people?[/QUOTE]America and the United Kingdom are the greatest countries in the world, what is there not to like?