Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

northern oireland is a cesspit, the micks are welcome to it

1 Like

Have you now gone full Brit? Have you handed back your Irish Passport and applied for a British one?

Pay increase for the Queen. :laughing:

she has worked hard for it, she is entitled to a decent remuneration

he better before he is shipped home post brexit

Same as the Glasweigan in London . Billy King and Sean O Lourdes are both Jocks to the Englishman .

Dazza “two barrels” Dundon from Moyross and Seanin Og Flaherty from a stone hut on a hill in south-east Galway are both rural, bogtrotting muck donkeys to Dubs like myself.

Because that’s what they both are.

1 Like

Nice to see a cultured metropolitan comfortable with his prejudices .

As an avowed Tory supporter, how do you view the deal with the DUP? Does it protect your business interests in the UK?

She has taken just 25% of the rise in profits that she and her family earned. Very generous of her.

I support no political party . Too early to say how the DUP will affect my interests . I am resigned to Labour winning an election within a year .

If labour shed mcdonald, I’d vote for them.

The great hope is that Vincd Cable comes in and changes the Lib Dems fortunes but the yoof have already been told that Jeremy Corbyn is the greatest thing ever so not sure what dent he really can make.

1 Like

The snowflakes think Corbyn and Co want to stay in the EU . They are thicker than I thought .

1 Like

I was out in the car there this morning and a lad literally just fell off his moped in front of me. No Collision nothing. He just fell off. On Amiens street. Then he gets up real cool like and starts the bike again and off he goes the fucking eejit[quote=“Tassotti, post:3718, topic:19239, full:true”]

[/quote]

You could have mopped the road with him.

1 Like

Jeremy doesn’t really know what he wants I suspect. He has deferred his brexit strategy to Keir starmer who is very anti brexit. Make of that what you will.

There won’t be an election within a year.

The DUP will not bring down a Tory government and let Corbyn in. If the UK government is to fall it will either be through Tories themselves defecting or through natural wastage through deaths and resulting by-elections, or perhaps a combination of both. Or some black swan event might occur. Although any prospective black swan event with regards to the Tories would not be unexpected, in fact we have a very good idea of what it might be, so I guess it wouldn’t be a black swan, then.

The “yoof”, as you so condescendingly call them, weren’t told what to think by anybody. Corbyn only got on the Labour leadership ballot as a fig leaf to democracy and was a Leicester-style rank outsider. He was backed in that race by huge numbers of young people and ordinary people who recognise that neo-liberalism has failed, because he represented a clear alternative to failed policies.

Every section of the media, including left-leaners like the Guardian and the Daily Mirror, told anybody who would listen that Corbyn would be a disaster, which destroys your assertion that anybody who backs Corbyn was told what to think. They were told to think the opposite. They backed him because they can see the reality of neo-liberalism, which people like you clearly don’t.

To draw up a music analogy, Corbyn’s success was like that of Oasis - start small and gather support steadily through hard work, word of mouth and because come to see that what you’re offering is a genuinely appealing alternative to more of the same rubbish.

Theresa May on the other hand was like Hear’say. An officially-approved corporate product which was put where it was not though talent, but because a small group of “experts” decided so. The media told the public to like the product, and for a short time, they did. Then the public saw the product was shit and had nothing to say to them and nothing to offer them, and was just a poor repackaging of a previous rubbish, corporate product. Now the product is a laughing stock.

2 Likes

Question: had a Labour government been elected in 2015, do you think the UK would be in the position it is now in as regards Brexit?

Same question to @Tim_Riggins.

If the answer is “no”, do you now regret that a Labour government wasn’t elected in 2015?