Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Someone must have sabotaged her with that sign. It doesn’t seem real.

She was definitely sabotaged with the bracelet.

Amber Rudd telling Boris to stand up and applause when Maybot was finished

4 Likes

It’s staggering someone like May continues to be able to lead the UK. It’s a testament to the dearth of talent within the Tory party.

She can’t speak, she’s not smart or confident enough to debate with her rivals. Yet somehow she is steering the country through one of the most crucial periods in the country’s history.

And who seems to the the only credible alternative? That buffoon Boris Johnson :rofl:

It’s no wonder the pound is in free fall and businesses are looking to get the fuck out of there ASAP.

5 Likes

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-41503143

Fake news. It is not in freefall. The pound has pared back over the last 10 days but is one of the best performing currencies in the G10 in 2017.

have some of that

About time.

Ooh. Getting marked down by ofsted will put the fear of God into the jihad.

Ooooft

:joy: The Brits are going bust.

We should buy them out of liquidation

The Germans have spent over a 100 years trying to bankrupt them, they might finally achieve it and will claim first dabs on the remaining assets.

Fagan did you write this :grinning:

I don’t think I’ve ever read anything that better encapsulates everything that’s wrong with liberalism.

Half an hour of fine rhetoric leads up to the oratorical climax: “Look at the time that we are living in: it is the moment of which Hegel spoke, the moment when the owl of Minerva takes flight.” Macron doesn’t explain the metaphor; no doubt he overestimates his audience’s level of philosophical sophistication

It’s said that when inquiring about an officer he didn’t know, Napoleon asked only one question: “Is he lucky?” In his staggering rise to power, the young man who has nothing against being compared with Bonaparte…

Anyone who’s had their hand shaken by Macron is lost to the opposition: they’re destined to vote Macron and to convert to Macronism.

As for your hand, he shakes it in two stages: first a normal grip, and then, as if to show that this was no ordinary, routine handshake…This technique works wonders with his admirers, but it’s even more spectacular with his enemies.

I continue to look for the flaw. Everyone has one – a place of shadow and secrecy, a melancholic zone – and as a writer, my job is to see them. With Macron, they don’t exactly jump out at you. Nonetheless, I’m sure they exist, or rather, I hope they exist.

And the coupe the grace:

For several months we really did feel good about ourselves, but now it seems that this Prince Charming effect is dissipating. The number of French people who approve of Macron has plunged from 66% to 32% since the elections – a historic drop. Why? Because a statesman who really wants to make things happen will inevitably become unpopular? That’s what he says, and it’s true. Because he promised to act fast and he is acting fast, and because to do that he is willing to force through his policies? Because his labour law reform, fast-tracked by executive decree, better suits bosses than workers? Because by scrapping the wealth tax he’s favouring the rich? Because, although his campaign focused on overcoming divisions, he’s increasingly moving rightwards in a way that shocks voters on the left? A bit of all of that, and above all, a hint of arrogance and class contempt. When he criticises “slackers” and those who “kick up bloody chaos”, it’s the poor and unemployed who feel targeted. And when he talks about train stations where “the successful cross paths with those who are nothing”, no one hears what he surely meant to say: that inequality saddens him and that he’s trying to reduce it. No, everyone hears that the unsuccessful are nothing in his eyes.

The French don’t like change.

Sodomised with his own piano :grin:

Poor TM needs to be shown the exit sooner rather than later

The European commission president made the comments hours after his chief of staff, Martin Selmayr, felt the need to publicly deny being the source of an account of the meal in Brussels, published in a German newspaper. The report had described May as pleading for her political life at the dinner on 16 October and appearing “anxious”, “tormented”, “despondent and discouraged”.

Just read those extracts, why does he seem surprised macron is not left wing? He never appeared to be.

Liberals are always surprised by that. They’ll get around it by denying it.