Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Boris’ entire political existence is premised on the affections of a public schoolboy set for whom his blunders aren’t at all off-putting. On the contrary, his ability to glide effortlessly through life despite fucking up constantly is an affirmation of their own life experiences.

The worst thing Boris could do is actually demonstrate a real commitment to something. That sort of strident streak is a bit bolshie and lower class and is far more disagreeable to the public schoolboy sensibilities than the glib indifference that has brought him this far.

5 Likes

He made two memorable speeches. Apart from that he was a man who had no vision for Ireland or its worth beyond “the best little country in the world to do business”. He failed to do most of the big things he promised to do. His government fucked people over time and again. He got lucky on the timing of the recovery.

what are the Germans up to here?

DFB president Reinhard Grindel added: “I positively welcome the decision to allow both the English and the German national teams to wear poppy armbands, because these are not about political propaganda in any way!

“They’re about remembering the kind of values that were kicked to the ground in two World Wars but are cherished by football: respect, tolerance, and humanity.”

Friday’s commemorations will also see a replica of ‘The Truce’ statue, which depicts the historic World War I ceasefire where peace and games of football broke out between English and German troops on Christmas Day in 1914, on temporary display beside the Bobby Moore statue at Wembley.

The FA and DFB also plan to commemorate Armistice Day in a number of other ways:

RAF, Army and Navy representatives will lay wreaths prior to kick-off
A period of silence will be held before kick-off and after the national anthems
For the period of silence, the Wembley Stadium arch will be lit in red and ‘Football Remembers’ will be displayed on the stadium screens
A banner parade, involving representatives from the military, will take place inside the stadium before kick-off
There will be Poppy and St George’s flag t-shirt layouts for fans in the east and west stands respectively
Poppy sellers will be at Wembley in the Fanzone, concourses and on Olympic Way

Sure the Germans have a proud history of wearing fascist symbols of oppression.

4 Likes

Think of the photoshop opportunities which this will present

Jokeshop

Prince Harry will be there wearing his Afrika Corps uniform to give a bit of balance.

Nice face. Massive arse on her though. She’s resigned now.

Noticed that this morning on the news, she’s not bad looking and then that arse fills the entire screen.

1 Like

The best I have seen on poppys, top class work

https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch?lang=en

2 Likes

I’ve widely circulated that.
No one will be speaking to me for months.
Still, I have you guys.

I think this one is best

I like the one with the Yeovil town mascot.

1 Like

What a load of poppycock

The sneery head on him

A reminder, Never Forget = Recruitment.

A modern day version of the order of the white feather.

Looks more like day of the triffids, in truth.

Sterling is in free fall … get the fuck out @flattythehurdler

our finest