Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

They see it as a slippery slope to a united ireland.Tiocfaidh ar la

Oul jezzer has finally sensed what he believes to be the prevailing wind, and gone all pro European.
Actually, he may have absolutely genuinely realised what a clusterfuck it is, and changed his mind, and had the courage to say so. Theres legs in this yet.

The British have made a calamitous mistake. They know it and everyone else knows it. But hemmed in by their indomitable bulldog spirit, they can’t actually go back on that mistake. That’s not the British way. It’s alright for the Irish? That’s not what Churchill would have done they think although that’s exactly what Churchill did at Dunkirk - he turned around and went the other way and got the fuck out of France instead of fighting a losing war to the death. The likes of Boris Johnson think they are continuing the legacy of Churchill but in fact they are unintelligent opportunistic fuckwits who will destroy Britain. The Churchillian thing to do here would be to be brave enough to shout enough and turn the thing around.

18 Likes

There’s a lad I know over here who works for the European Stability Mechanism and he’s in and around a lot of the craic going on in relation to this and he has said to me that the Brits have no idea about what they’re doing. They reckon they can wrap up trade deals with everybody in jig time. These things can take fuckin years to negotiate. ‘Deluded’ is the word he used most often to describe them and their entire approach.

2 Likes

Sinn Fein chasing shadows and refusing to govern while the island is re-partioned

Spot on. It’s like buying a fire haZard of a TV and going to bed leaving it plugged in when the sensible thing would be to return it or at least unplug it.

The most insightful post I have seen in a long long time.

I forwarded it to keir starmer.

Thank you.

That didn’t happen.

If you pm me your email address I’ll forward it to you.

That’s The Right Honourable Sir Keir Starmer to you.

keir stammer is a bluffer

That’s certainly a possibility. He is pro eu, which is good enough for me.

While I’m a tremendous fan of @Fagan_ODowd’s postings, I’m sure even he would agree that it wasn’t so much insightful as a case of stating the bleedin’ obvious, something that has been obvious since June 24th, 2016.

It was a beautifully crafted post, though.

all you paddies are anti democracy and shitting yourselves over Brexit, its fascinating to watch

:smile:clap:

I see in The Times today that we export more to Belgium than the UK. The eu has been good for our trade.

What do we export to belgium?

Civil servants.

10 Likes